• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I've been beating in a firm ridge as a thrower for about 4 months of nearly daily play.It definitely was thrown at least a half dozen times pretty much every round, and I've also used it a lot for one disc rounds. It's taken a pretty good amount of tree/rock hits, been slid along rocky ground, skipped off of rocks, driven over, thrown as a "learn rollers" disc, basically taken a pretty good amount of punishment. Visually you can barely tell.

Mine has definitely changed flight from when it was new; but not in the way that I'd hoped. I wanted the fade to season out of it and for the ridge to beat into something slightly more stable than my summit. Instead as I throw it more the ridge simply develops more high speed turn, while retaining the same fade. It makes a nice s-curve now, but I have discs that do everything that the ridge does from more than 60' easier or better.

60' and in though, the ridge has almost every shot. I use a glow ridge as my putting putter and the beat firm ridge for extremely long putts and putts I'm trying to land under the basket (rather than in).

Maybe with more time and more throws it'll eventually beat into the understable putter I wanted, but it would probably take a very long time.

Does soft rubber have any distinct flight characteristcs in the mids, fairway drivers, and drivers?

Adding to this question:

How does the different firmness of X-Link affect stability in Vibram discs, especially putters?

Example: What would the most overstable VP be?

in my experience firm starts out the most overstable but beats in faster then medium.

Vibram Review

I recently bought 4 vibram discs. Got the Lace, Unlace, Track, and Sole. All of these discs exceeded my expectations! Out of the box throw as advertised! Love the Unlace and Sole the best thus far. Can control exactly as expected. The Track and Lace are also great out of the box for me! Very impressed with the Vibram lineup especially due to being rubber and not plastic! More expensive than most but for good reason. Get some and try them, you won't be disappointed!

are the maple hill disc more over stable then the production runs?

I have a few of these discs that I have used from time to time (Lace, Ibex, Sole). I found that the Lace was considerably more overstable than my normal M Laces, but with considerably less glide. I also noticed that the Ibex started more overstable, but beat in a lot quicker than my medium (it is now my turnover mid and has pushed X-Comets out of the bag). I haven't thrown my hybrid Sole very much, but I would imagine that it is similar for them as it is with the Ibex and Lace.

Adding to this question:

How does the different firmness of X-Link affect stability in Vibram discs, especially putters?

Example: What would the most overstable VP be?

Not sure about VP but I have summits in soft firm med and glow. My glow summit is for sure the most stable of the bunch. Even after a year as a putter its still mostly like new. The dome on it hasn't sunk in at all like they did on my med and softs which is what I guess is the reason for more stability.

he just posted a picture via instagram, so testers should be receiving the new disc within 2-3 weeks. I'll let you know as soon as I get the disc and have a couple of throws :D:D:D:D

This statement is quite optimistic. We are still doing internal testing. Sorry for the morning letdown.

On the ridge subject. I have a very seasoned ridge that is a super straight flyer, beat the fade out of it. It holds anhyzer with ease and never lets go. As far as a ridge becoming a summit it just is not understable enough like that lovely little hyzer flip wonder. Vibram putter line rocks.

I would say as for stability of the X-link material goes IMO high to low - Glow, Soft, Med, Firm

I cannot wait! Tell me now! The Solace was a great addition. Really hoping for a more overstable midrange or fairway.

Took the Vibram bag out this week for the start of "winter" here in Tejas. I don't know why I throw anything else. I'm really consistent with them and the Ascent is easily the driver for my game (as it stands now).

I have to carry a XXX in the bag though... A really overstable fairway driver from Vibram would complete my bag. The O-Lace works great for me into the wind and for long hyzers, but hard turning approaches and shorter drives are better served by the slower disc (XXX).

Took the Vibram bag out this week for the start of "winter" here in Tejas. I don't know why I throw anything else. I'm really consistent with them and the Ascent is easily the driver for my game (as it stands now).

I have to carry a XXX in the bag though... A really overstable fairway driver from Vibram would complete my bag. The O-Lace works great for me into the wind and for long hyzers, but hard turning approaches and shorter drives are better served by the slower disc (XXX).

I agree with you that this is the biggest void in the Vibram lineup. However, I use the Solace for now to fill that role. It is so overstable for me that it flies like a long mid/fairway. I would love a Vibram PD-like driver as well as a really overstable mid.

Latest posts