• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Mad Scientist said:
The black rubber that first run Ridges are molded in is my favorite putter material ever.

I have 5 or so of the First Run Black Ridges just collecting dust. They are brand new.

sunspot said:
When is the Ascent suppose to come out?

Virtually all results have been positive so far and we may be able to get them out by the end of the year. I also tend to be optimistic.

What's the prediction on the grip of these during winter because we tend to have sub zero temps during the winter for most of the time? Sometimes way under zero F.

Not just sometimes, quite often. The average temperature for January 2010 in Kuopio was ~5 degrees Fahrenheit.

Steven Dodge said:
sunspot said:
When is the Ascent suppose to come out?

Virtually all results have been positive so far and we may be able to get them out by the end of the year. I also tend to be optimistic.

tend to be steve dodge? I was wondering is there anyway to get a hold of some specific color ridges? I want to do a little stocking up and the only places that give you a clue of what a disc looks like is Sun King (who rock) and disc golf center. I really want some cool stuffs but don't want to go hunting all over the US...

Just completed the initial survey. South Louisiana loves the ascent.
It could be the natural ground subsidence we experience on a daily basis.
We always have a sensation of loosing to the rising water and now you have given us another term.

Ascent of the water table sounds much more regal than "that eerie sinking feeling".

Teacher asked little Johnnie to use ascent in a sentence,
"Katrina hit the gulf coast and George W, that ASCENT Michael Brownie to finish us off."

Doog work Mr Godge.
Please sir, may I have another?

steve timm

NOHalffastpull said:
Just completed the initial survey. South Louisiana loves the ascent.
It could be the natural ground subsidence we experience on a daily basis.
We always have a sensation of loosing to the rising water and now you have given us another term.

Ascent sounds much more regal than "that eerie sinking feeling".

Teacher asked little Johnnie to use ascent in a sentence,
"Katrina hit the gulf coast and George W, that ASCENT Michael Brownie to finish us off."

Doog work Mr Godge.
Please sir, may I have another?

steve timm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the f...?

Jerry row no mo
Your signature is spot on.

I will type slower next time.

I like the disc.

The name is interesting.

Mr. Steven Dodge, when will the next proto be out?

steve timm

NOHalffastpull said:
Jerry row no mo
Your signature is spot on.

I will type slower next time.

I like the disc.

The name is interesting.

Mr. Steven Dodge, when will the next proto be out?

steve timm

m u c h s l o w e r p l e a s e , t h a n k y o u .

I already sent my review in, but I've been using my pink ascent a lot. It's starting to flip over more right out of my hand and not come back so much, but when it does come back, it still dives wicked steep and difficult to judge. What kind of flight patterns are y'all getting out of them?

I feel like I'm the only one who gave a review that was less then "drooling for more, Steve Dodge is a God." Not that I completely hate the disc, and Steve is prolly a demi-god at least, just sayin' it seems like some folks want to be on the Vibram bus so bad that there honesty is a little blinded.

(insert 'trying to spur discussion, not sound like an a**, tone)

What the hell did you do to it to get it to start turning so much? I was usimg my pinky into 25+ mph winds last night without issue.

I think we will need more time to tell. I've actually only had a steep dive on it when I throw with a little to much hyzer. When I get a solid throw it booms pretty straight with a fade at the end about 380. Mine are red. I felt like its held line really well. But I kinda get the feeling that its not as long as other fairways.

WKr

My raggy old-fart arm is not the proper tool to test this disc.
Found the no skip, steep finish of the ascent unique, it does take some getting used to.
I like being part of the testing program and the excitement of the next disc arriving.

Excellent point regarding the apparent idolization of Senior Dodge.
Before I met Steven Dodge I called him Mr. Godge in a sophmorish attempt to mock his position with the pDGA.
Having met him and many conversations, I find him a pleasure to deal with and a man of his word.
Dodge is hardly a god but he ain't a Rambler either.

steve timm