• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Is Done

I had no idea a yellow vibram vp is anything special. Just out of curiosity, is this 'valuable'?
Heck, it's one of my two main putters & no one ever said a word.

I had no idea a yellow vibram vp is anything special. Just out of curiosity, is this 'valuable'?

Throw it in the pond as a sacrifice to the golf gods. You will be blessed with many under par rounds afterwards...

I got into Vibram years ago, and really enjoyed the quality of them. The rubber disc hold up much better than any other disc on the market IMO. However, I personally never liked the way the flew. For me I would have to power them much more than a standard dx/champ plastic of a similar mold. Now with Blizzard plastic available.... Vibram disc have no spot in my bag. I am going to keep my 1st run- X'd Ascent Medium though....until I can turn it for a profit at a later date.

Easy distance and comfortable in the hand. I like the vamp. It was my favorite out of the new fairways.

I am super bummed by this. It's unfortunate. I don't throw a single one of 'their' discs, but now the possibility won't even be there for me to not throw them, and that's sad.

That's still a swirl disc. What I'm talking about is a solid Vibram yellow, almost no flaking from the release agent too.

I will say that that is a nice disc and it's is a little unusual to see that much yellow, but not super special.

If you look on the Vibram Disc Golf Collectors page on facebook. A few posts down there is almost an identical yellow disc to yours. You can follow that. I would link the page but i cant access FB from this computer.

It is currently at $32.

There is a yellow a few more down that was a test floater that is up to $175.

Yours isnt, but I bet that if you wait a few weeks and list on there you could get $50 for your yellow.

It's not my first rodeo. Nothing works like Vibram discs in the rain. I don't even bother to dry my hands or the discs when I throw them. I will dip them in water before the throw if they have dirt/mud on them though.

Personally, I would disagree with this. While when dry, they are probably the tackiest discs out there, I think DX is still better when wet. I've tried multiple plastics in downpours and even picking a disc out of submerged water and throwing it. I know Vibram seems like it would be stickier, but the surface of the discs also seems slightly smoother. So for me, I get the best rainy rounds with DX. Unfortunately, they're nowhere near as durable tho.

But maybe I've got weird fingers or skin or something like that??

I know Vibram seems like it would be stickier, but the surface of the discs also seems slightly smoother.

. . .

But maybe I've got weird fingers or skin or something like that??

I recently purchased a medium Vamp. I did notice that the surface was smoother than all my other Vibram discs except the soft putter that I have. All of those discs were purchased several years ago. I don't know if they have changed their formula in recent years, but I have always found my Vibram discs (before the Vamp) to be grippier when wet than DX. I haven't thrown the Vamp wet yet so can't speak for that one.

They have changed it a bit, but the Vamp seems to be the slickest so far. No idea why. Still flies great for me though.

I have shown doubters the wet weather benefit of softies. Dunk it in the creek and throw...barely any difference.

They have changed it a bit, but the Vamp seems to be the slickest so far. No idea why. Still flies great for me though.

I have shown doubters the wet weather benefit of softies. Dunk it in the creek and throw...barely any difference.

I just ordered several Vamps, both firm and medium. Curious to see how they fly.

I have a couple of softs on the way and am wondering/hoping they will be the same. My med is a touch US and will always finish slightly to the left RHBH.

what weights do you throw? I got 164-166 range.

Same. Except the softy I have inbound is a 170. Lightest I could find. :\ I am actually amazed I found that one. Been looking for them and soft Ridges and Arches all year with little success.

I got a 179g firm Launch as well.
I can't find any understable mids that I like. The Comet is the best disc ever, I am spoiled with it.
Heres hoping my Comet has a partner on the way.