• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Want a free mini? create me a logo

Liking the star guy, but make sure you don't use Spitfire as your name for this. Copyright infringement like that will run your business in the ground pretty easily.

jason i made you a logo, it's fancy and intimate. i'll pm you my address for the free mini

logogogo.png

I have a friend that I grew up with. He plays Disc Golf and is a graphic artist. He does all my logo work...but for a price. Anything he makes for me Disc Golf wise, I have to give him three of each thing made with the logo. So if I order five different kinds of discs, he gets three of each. Does great work.

You can find someone that will do various revisions and the such for about $250. I'd go with a professional, if you're truly wanting to build something.

You can find someone that will do various revisions and the such for about $250. I'd go with a professional, if you're truly wanting to build something.

I agree with you and Frank (for once) who said the same kind of thing earlier.

I understand Spitfire is just trying to get something simple for himself, but valuing someone's education and work with a $1 mini is a little insulting. But as a graphic artist I know I'm a bit sensitive on this subject.

Is this a good place for a shameless plug? I think so!

I do DG related (and non) graphic work, but not for $0.99 ... nothing personal, just reality.

:)

Here's a sample.

discartportfolio.jpg

Definitely go with that star guy, for reasons everyone else has said.

One thing I might recommend, though, is to add just a couple lines to make it more apparent that the square part represents chains. I'm guessing you did stylize it that way on purpose, but it does kind of look like a face more than anything else. I actually didn't realize it was chains until I saw that other version with the text in it.

So, something like this:
Starguy.png

I understand Spitfire is just trying to get something simple for himself, but valuing someone's education and work with a $1 mini is a little insulting. But as a graphic artist I know I'm a bit sensitive on this subject.
I guessing you haven't seen Spitfire's minis.

His minis are nice wood minis over $30
and basically you are doing this to show off your skill, not for the mini. The mini is a bonus

Understand completely. My mini's are fully custom not $1 minis but not $250 minis either. Wasn't trying to insult anybody just thought it would be a fun thing to do, guess not.

you didn't do anything wrong, it's just the new people don't know you and your custom minis. Clicking your custom mini link might have helped though. I am a former graphic designer and if I didn't quit to go into teaching, I would have made you a logo for a mini for sure!

Latest posts