• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

I have played 4 or 5 rounds with my jawbreaker wasp now and I am not sure what to think. I have hit a couple trees and the disc just bent where it got hit. It is still flying the same, but I can't imagine it will too much longer. It is about to get pretty cold for a bit here so I probably won't have any more updates for a few weeks.

I have played 4 or 5 rounds with my jawbreaker wasp now and I am not sure what to think. I have hit a couple trees and the disc just bent where it got hit. It is still flying the same, but I can't imagine it will too much longer. It is about to get pretty cold for a bit here so I probably won't have any more updates for a few weeks.

I know I've taco'd a few base plastic discs in my time, thinking they were dead. Into the side pocket of my bag they went, relegated as dog toys. Sure enough, in a week or two they had returned to their original flat shape.

I would wonder if maybe your JB Wasp would unwarp if sat on a flat surface for a while.

i could peep mine in the basement see if it untacod

but i really dont care about it

just bend it back into shape

My first day out with the Luna I smacked two trees hard with it. Then proceeded to ace with it down a double mando tunnel shot! It flipped up a bit and turned a bit before fading back. It broke in after just two tree hits. Hopefully it'll stay in this sweet spot for a while.

Hmm... maybe this could be the cyclable wasp plastic elmex is looking for...

Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker (CTJB) Focuses from Discraft's Instagram story: Stiff as CT or will it be closer to OG Jawbreaker?
attachment.php

Just started bagging a wasp again and now I'm wondering why I ever took it out. Longer midrange shots my Z Wasp has been great. I can put more on it without worrying about it flipping up. I think the Buzzz, Wasp and Hornet all compliment each other quite well for me.

Question for seasoned Wasp folk - my last round I found my Z Wasp to stay shockingly straight on decently powered shots. I'm talking flat shots at like maybe 275' of power, this Wasp was gliding like crazy, not flipping at all, but the fade came late and was mellow.

I mean... they were beautiful shots, but plastered trees on the right when I anticipated more of an early fade/glide out. Keep in mind, we're talking 8/10+ max weight Z Wasp here... I have one in reserve that is similar but flatter or with less of a shoulder; I'm going to try bagging that one for a bit, as I need more of a S/OS midrange shot and less of a stable Buzzz shot here.

Thoughts? I always thought of the Wasp as like, beefy.

Question for seasoned Wasp folk - my last round I found my Z Wasp to stay shockingly straight on decently powered shots. I'm talking flat shots at like maybe 275' of power, this Wasp was gliding like crazy, not flipping at all, but the fade came late and was mellow.

I mean... they were beautiful shots, but plastered trees on the right when I anticipated more of an early fade/glide out. Keep in mind, we're talking 8/10+ max weight Z Wasp here... I have one in reserve that is similar but flatter or with less of a shoulder; I'm going to try bagging that one for a bit, as I need more of a S/OS midrange shot and less of a stable Buzzz shot here.

They're really just rocs in premium plastic (think better Roc3).

i have bagged a seasoned z wasp that flies like a fresh buzz does but flies better than the buzz does how does that work

To me the Buzzz has always been a workable midrange, it'll hold pretty much any line you put it on. The Wasp however is just straight with a predictable fade on more powerful throws. I put mine back in my bag after seeing Nate Doss throw his and seeing how straight and far he was working them.

Flat Wasps are better. The domeyish ones are weird.

Depending on the runs, I have had this experience with some fresher wasps. They were probably from runs 2yrs ago or so. They were slightly gummier than the regular Z. Very straight with slight fade. Great for lasers or sweeping hyzer, but not a regular wasp.

The ledgestone ESPs from a few years ago, now those are beef.

I like the Wasp but the Les White Bee stamped Buzzzs from Ledgestone kicked them out of the bag. Same flight but better feel in the hand.

Flat Wasps are better. The domeyish ones are weird.

Unless one is using the old Elite X or X Wasps as those can work with the small dome. The Z Wasp with even a small dome does not work well and the majority I have seen in stores are the ones with small dome. One would have to flat top the disc but it would only then be about 90% right in flight as one can't fully fix a mold up issue. In Pro D because it was Stiff Pro D the Wasp was mini domed but lost dome the older the disc got then became flat topped.

The ledgestone ESPs from a few years ago, now those are beef.

Are you talking about the 2015 Ledgstone ESPs with the big Discraft bar stamp?

If so, I have a stack of 6 of them and they are fantastic. Remind me a lot of that first batch of Raspberry Tis. Gummy and grippy. Flat. Beefy. Pairs incredibly well with my old, seasoned pearlies.

Are you talking about the 2015 Ledgstone ESPs with the big Discraft bar stamp?

If so, I have a stack of 6 of them and they are fantastic. Remind me a lot of that first batch of Raspberry Tis. Gummy and grippy. Flat. Beefy. Pairs incredibly well with my old, seasoned pearlies.

yeah maybe all these fair weather fans and band wagon jumpers will boost the prices on my stock piles of rare wasps