• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

I know this is a wasp thread but! Looking to fill a slightly OS mid slot with either a Flat top KC pro roc or Wasp. Anyone who has used both can you give me a little insight? I bag a Buzzz and a flippy dx roc3 right now. I didn't really care for the buzzz OS (little too dumpy for me) and I already bag a Zone.

I use to use a flat kc roc for my turnover shots and z wasps for my straight and hyzer shots. No flat kc roc will stay overstable long at all. I have had a few odd flat kc rocs that were overstable new but 4-5 regular tree hits 150ft away and they go straight. I really like flat kc rocs but they will never stay over stable. I use to use a 165 z wasp for my straight with a small fade mid. The lighter ones would just hold really well. Over 3 years of near daily play, I broke in one of those 165 z wasps into a nice hyzer flip mid but they hold stability for a long time.

No flat kc roc will stay overstable long at all. I have had a few odd flat kc rocs that were overstable new but 4-5 regular tree hits 150ft away and they go straight.

Sounds like that's why they don't stay overstable for you. It took me 6-8 months of normal play and a skip off some gnarly terrain for me to break in a flat top KC Roc to the point where I could hyzerflip it. And Rocs are my most thrown discs on any given day.

Sounds like that's why they don't stay overstable for you. It took me 6-8 months of normal play and a skip off some gnarly terrain for me to break in a flat top KC Roc to the point where I could hyzerflip it. And Rocs are my most thrown discs on any given day.

Maybe. Trees happen. I was giving an example ;) that doesn't always happen but it has before. Also I have had several flat kc rocs that turn some when they are brand new. (thrown in the 325-350 range)

Ordered a Big Z Wasp for science. Kind of an impulse buy but was very curious to see how they fly.

I really wish they would pump out a bunch of wasp plastics again. I been wanting to give them a fair shot

Ordered a Big Z Wasp for science. Kind of an impulse buy but was very curious to see how they fly.

I really wish they would pump out a bunch of wasp plastics again. I been wanting to give them a fair shot

is it ledgestone or how you get a big z one

Got my ledgestone big z wasp today. First impressions. The plastic is really gummy compared to my stock z. Secondly there's a ton of flashing. Both on the bead and a ton of it right underneath the nose. I don't know exactly how this will affect the flight but it's really is noticable. I will comeback to tell y'all my findings once it stops raining here in Eastern NC.

I've got a Big Z on order from MSt, along with a Swiryl Ti Stalker, a Z Stalker and a Soft X Zone. I like the sound of softer plastic, especially with temps being below 30° F most days up here.

Got my ledgestone big z wasp today. First impressions. The plastic is really gummy compared to my stock z. Secondly there's a ton of flashing. Both on the bead and a ton of it right underneath the nose. I don't know exactly how this will affect the flight but it's really is noticable. I will comeback to tell y'all my findings once it stops raining here in Eastern NC.

Fishing in the bead will generally add stability to the disc but this is the first time the wasp has been put into big z plastic so hard to say for sure what it will for like without flashing

Too bad it's not Ti Wasps... I would stock up on those. Big Z I have no interest in, in any mold.

Not even sure that I am all that excited on the upcoming swirly ESP Wasps, I think I had rather have X. I will probably have to get a couple just in case. I can always use them as trade bait if I don't like them.

Last edited:
Too bad it's not Ti Wasps... I would stock up on those. Big Z I have no interest in, in any mold.

Not even sure that I am all that excited on the upcoming swirly ESP Wasps, I think I had rather have X. I will probably have to get a couple just in case. I can always use them as trade bait if I don't like them.

if it was a straight stock run of x at stock prices i would buy at least 15 without hesitation

Are they board flat?! Kind of hoping they aren't so I'm not as tempted to order any!

I am also interested to know if they are flat or not...

I really don't need anymore wasps. But I can't help myself.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/lOXP06w"><a href="//imgur.com/a/lOXP06w"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1ozpJrQ.jpg

Z on the left and big z on the right.