• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Waterproof? Yes? No? Maybe? Damn it!

Unfortunately, Bite "bit" the dust.
Crocs bought them out right before the economy tanked...i think they're done now.

I like the Bites people have mentioned, I have both the low tops and the high tops. They're probably the most comfortable disc golf shoes I've tried, I love wearing them for long days. The biggest issue I have with both styles is that the tongue isn't connected to the sides of the shoe, so water and snow pour right in if they are over the top of the shoe, where my moabs have flaps of fabric that attach the tongue all the way up to the top of the shoe to prevent that.

Last edited:
Get a pair of gore tex sock. Run about 40 and last awhile. The cabelas are good and so are rockys. Seal skins are F'n junk. Spend the extra 15

To get something truly waterproof you'd have to go with full rubber boots, but the problem there is that it's not breathable, so your sweat collects in there and they get pretty uncomfortable.

This realy.

There is nothing 100% water proof except the quoted full rubber boots.

I also think goretex socks are the way to go. It is as close as I have come to waterproof.

Unfortunately, Bite "bit" the dust.
Crocs bought them out right before the economy tanked...i think they're done now.

True, but the remaining supply is floating around. GGGT has a decent number still, and significantly reduced in price.

Just got a pair of gore Tex ventilators, I'll let you know what I think, but merrells have always been sweet

True, but the remaining supply is floating around. GGGT has a decent number still, and significantly reduced in price.

Yessir
That's where I've been bagging them
really...for 28 bucks, you can't even find crappy, budget branded, non waterproof, non-vibram soled hikers.

The Trekkers have all those features and the tread/lugs are AGGRESSIVE as hell. I stocked up.

I still see these going for 50-60 bucks occasionally on ebarf

I have had Keens in the Past and they are a great shoe. I dont like there wet traction, nor the price. A couple of months a go i found a pair of Teva shoes at shoe carnival. Awesome wet traction, even played in the snow a few times. Went back and got a back up pair. I am very picky about my shoes and these are my favorite.

I literally just bought some merrell moab gtx. They are the most comfortable shoe i ever owned. They come with a year warranty and a limited lifetime warranty on the materials...i think. I was looking at new balnce 1520 with the vibram but i didnt read any good reviews on them and i wanted a wider shoe also. Seems hit or miss with the moab. I think the merrell moab are just like upgraded sneakers, not for anything hardcore.

Last edited:
The moabs actually hold up to pretty tough use in my experience. I have one pair that I've used for a lot of disc golf, a lot of hiking, and daily wear on rainy/snowy days for almost 2 years and they're still in great shape.

The moabs actually hold up to pretty tough use in my experience. I have one pair that I've used for a lot of disc golf, a lot of hiking, and daily wear on rainy/snowy days for almost 2 years and they're still in great shape.

Good to hear! These feel more like a regular shoe then a hiking boot. Very light also. Im hoping to get a couple years outta them.

I do a lot of hiking, and I've actually started using my moabs as hiking boots when I'm not carrying a lot of weight, they have plenty of grip and support, and the lighter weight makes a big difference on a longer day. Obviously they're not going to hold up to as much abuse as a real hiking boot, but they do pretty well.

Real happy to hear that. I read alot of reviews and it was either very good or very bad. I hope i have the very good ones lol . They cost me 100 bucks out the door. Most i ever spent on sum kicks. If they fail me , merrell will hear about it lol.

I went to REI and bought a pair of Salomon Comp5 GTX. Very lightweight, no break in period. They have a GoreTex lining and my feet haven't gotten wet yet (havent waded through rivers, but dont walk around puddles either). REIs return policy is very accommodating, provided you pay the $25 lifetime membership fee. Cement tees do wear out the soles and the toe on the right shoe wears out from me dragging my foot on FH throws, but they always take them back, no questions. I went through 2 pairs in a year so far (playing year round) and am about to start on my 3rd. The last time I asked the sales assistant if there was a limit to how many times I could do this and she said no, thats the benefit of membership. So with the shoes and lifetime REI membership, it was like $150, but I don't have to buy DG shoes for a very long time

I have a pair of Gore-Tex Merrells, and I have to be honest when I say that when it comes to keeping water out, they are total crap. Everything from puddles to wet grass to snow will soak through within minutes. I love them otherwise, but they were a huge letdown in the soggy and cold winter months. In fact, every shoe that I've ever had with Gore-Tex has pretty much went the same way. I've tried another brand of hiking boot as well as a pair of $250 Danner steel toes, and both had the same problem. The Danners were the biggest disappointment as I felt like I was I paying for a quality product that should have lasted for years, if not decades.

On the other hand, I've also had a pair of $50 Hi-Tecs that were leather with a simple DWR treatment that kept my feet dry all the way up until I wore a hole in the sole from discing too much (which happened WAY too fast).