• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what are you taking out of your bag...2013

Hoss22

Eagle Member
Just want to see what discs you may be losing this year. Whether it be because your limiting molds, have ideas for new molds, etc....explain! Why are you dropping them, what are you looking/hoping for?

I myself am dropping the avenger and avenger ss. Will be using the heavy opto saint and flippy GL saint as my compliments, and will be buying the Westside Stag (represent!) as the overstable disc to bridge the gap with my rivers and saints...

What's going on with your bag, what might you take out this coming year?

As my Amp beats in, I will lose the Vision. I might get rid of the Vector as well, and start carrying 2 Zones. The Vector is beat, and flies just like my Axis. The more field work I do with my Ions, the less I use my Anode on the course.

At the end of this year, I can picture my bag being:

Volt, 2 Amps, 2 Zones, Axis, Ion.

7 discs, 5 molds. Simple.

Dropping my Volts and probably picking up a PD to try. Volt's have just gotten too flippy on me. Also there's a good chance that my Comets will be replaced by Fuses and my Buzzzes with Cores. I'm also thinking of just dropping my Halos and just throwing Forces as my main drivers. We'll see what happens when springtime comes.

Innova... I just want to be able to buy two discs of the same mold and weight and have them fly identical. I know Discraft has flaws but they are still more consistent than Innova.

I have removed my Champion Destroyer and replaced it with a Star Wraith.
I also removed my DGA Sparkle Undertow and replaced it with a Champion Valkyrie.

I have been discing down for more accuracy and consistency.

Great question. I took out my star t-bird. I had it in my bag and tried to throw it all last summer through fall. When I got my bag ready to go out yesterday, for the first time this year, the teebird came out and I will not be putting back in. It was the first and last teebird I will try...completely underwhelming. I need to find a disc that will do what a teebird is supposed to do, so I guess I will continue searching (if you have suggestions, bring them on!!).

Great question. I took out my star t-bird. I had it in my bag and tried to throw it all last summer through fall. When I got my bag ready to go out yesterday, for the first time this year, the teebird came out and I will not be putting back in. It was the first and last teebird I will try...completely underwhelming. I need to find a disc that will do what a teebird is supposed to do, so I guess I will continue searching (if you have suggestions, bring them on!!).

I added a S-PD to my bag this year and it flies like a longer CONSISTENT Teebird. Hands down the best addition to the bag I have made yet.

Saints and rivers. Never lived up to the hype so they gotsta go. IMO there are much better discs that fly as they should.... Consistently. Tried each mold in every plastic and was constantly disappointed, too bad cause they're so dang pretty

Fugitive replaced the Buzzz from last year. The Trident replaced my Hornet and Firebird from last year. The Amp took the understable turning driver from my beat XLs. I am still testing the Villian for the PD2. Since I don't like being good at disc golf, I am sure that there will be lots of substitutions and testing going on this year.

Star Wraith - It's a great S-curve disc (especially forehand), but I can make an FL take the same flight. Plus I don't want to throw anything over speed 9 anymore because I have no arm, and even 9 is probably too fast for me.

Star FL - It's all well and good, but my beat Star Firebird is way more predictable and shapeable.

ESP FLX Buzzz (noooooo!) - My Core fades less at the end, and I'm finding that the Pain is the only mid I need for just about any situation. The only thing it won't do is take that understable path that the Fuse or (even better) Comet will.

DX Teebird - Great disc. Really great disc. But I have multiple Gazelles that will do pretty much the same thing, and they hold a special place for me that the Teebird never will.

Champion Leopard - My friend wants it, and I have a DX Leopard and a River for that slot.

Avenger SS - Yeah. Right. That disc ain't going nowhere.

I have far too many discs in a box at home, so they're constantly being shuffled through my bag. I'm looking to find a good combo and stick with it though. Hoping to make it something like:

Ion - Pure - Pain - Comet - Trident - Gazelle - Avenger SS - Volt/Saint (haven't decided which yet) - Stag (or Firebird if the Stag isn't what it's cut out to be)

took out my Eagle x and horrible champ teebird that flips in an ugly way and replaced with Rival and patriot, did this today an had a decent round after

I am dropping eze Pures for putting cause they roll everytime I miss a putt. Not sure what I replacing them with yet. Maybe the new zero Pures or back to soft Warlocks.

Dropping my Volts and probably picking up a PD to try. Volt's have just gotten too flippy on me. Also there's a good chance that my Comets will be replaced by Fuses and my Buzzzes with Cores. I'm also thinking of just dropping my Halos and just throwing Forces as my main drivers. We'll see what happens when springtime comes.

Love my force...esp 174g. Straight with a hard fade at the end, and great distance!

Most drivers and going to cold throw the MJLS as my go to. Firebird stays, AvSS will stay until JLS gets some turn.

Also dropped challengers and also gonna cold use Omegas as my putters, an AP for ups and an SS for putts

Thought it would be a fun experiment :thmbup:

Removing my 150 glo Leopard because I cannot figure this damn thing out. Most inconsistent disc (for me) in the bag.

Adding ce valk and a another Dx valk. Picked up a Dx valk about a month ago and it is all over the cage. Most beautiful flight

Dropping Challengers for Magnets. They feel better for some reason. Putted with Challengers since '04, so its kind of a big deal for me. See how it goes.

Might drop my White Amp. It might be a freak of a disc but I either need to beat it the f' in, or just accept that it's not understable :-\

Latest posts