• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite 2 discs in your bag to throw?

The Warship is probably my most thrown disc and my go to mid range for sure.

For the second one a bit harder. I like the Tursas because I've been throwing a ton of turnovers lately. But as I've added the Sockibomb Slammer to the bag it seems to be a more reliable Harp for me. It's a bit shorter and I probably won't really throw it off the Tee Pad but so far I'm digging it.

I'm going with Eclipse Reactor and Crave.

20230824-231443.jpg

I love the feel of the Reactor. Smooth, modern rim and a nice flat top. I've never clicked so well with a mid when it comes to forehand. I used to feel shaky flicking my Vectors, Tensors and other mids over 200'. I've gotten to the point where I'm having to power down my Reactor because I'm overshooting 275-300' holes with it off the tee on a flick. Never thought I'd see the day. It resists moderate winds well while having lots of glide....perfect work horse mid for me. A lot like the KC Rocs I used to throw but with a much better rim shape for my throws....especially FH.

Craves are just so damn versatile. I use mine for bh, fh, bh rollers, fh rollers, overhands, hyzers, straight lasers, s curves, turnovers that don't come back. It's probably the most versatile disc in my bag. I always carry a pair - a well seasoned one I've been throwing since MVP sent them out to the test team, and a fresh one for windier tee shots and more consistent hyzers. Lots of glide and control, and just enough high speed turn to let it shape a large variety of lines without feeling unreliable.

What are your favorite two discs to throw? What's so great about them?
My current 2 go to discs are the thrasher by disc raft and the mako by innova

Well rhythm for sure driverwise, envy for putting. Those would be my technical favorites. Damn consistent and thrown the most.

Favourites for fun and pure pleasure is different. The glitch brings me joy and a nice flippyish mid, usually a comet or uplink. Stuff that just sails through the air and takes a little touch magic for that perfect shot.

Diamond Wizard
Q Omega4 - First Run

I don't know if subsequent runs are different, all I bought were First Runs.

Found someone local selling off their RPM Taniwha collection and couldn't grab them quick enough. Loving these at the moment.

Other than that I just love throwing my K1 Soft Berg ….

Beat, but stable, first run yellow Lucid Maverick. The monies.

Beat, but obidient, VIP Northman. Longer monies.

If there's water in play it's Wraith in the drink. :confused:

i am forehand dominant and for the past 5 yrs its been a 156 Star Boss. Hyzer flips to flat or turnover its very domey with a lot of glide. liked it so much right out of the box i went back and bought all of DiscGolfCenters stock in this weight and color.

second would be a R-Pro Pig 172 that i've been using for 15 yrs. its my upshot within 150 ft and one heck of a windy day putter.

Honorable mention to my 158 ESP Nuke. first throw was a 241 ft ace and its been in my bag ever since 2010. my longest driver.

TSA Praxis. This thing is bafflingly good. if I played short courses I'd have a pile of aces because this thing goes exactly where I put it.

Millennium OLF. Workhorse backhand driver, and makes me feel like I have a forehand. Very rewarding to throw.

That changes from time to time for me.

Plasma Servo for the past few months have been hitting my lines with it, so it's getting pulled a lot playing wooded courses.

I've had a Plasma Nomad a few months and have dropped several putts 60-80-foot range, having a practice basket has helped. Looks like it's moving in slow motion on approaches but gets there for easy drop in putts most of the time.

Several other discs I look forward to pulling out of the bag, but there not as frequent as those two currently.

Fuse because Fuse and darkhorse pick is my opto-x glimmer Ballista Pro because it skips like a CD thrown out by the highway and skip shots give you the feels.

This is tough to narrow it down to just 2, especially because my favorite shots are the ones that have an unexpected result from what it looked like they were going to do (late flip up and turn, massive flex shots that come back all the way, crazy spinning skip shots with a lot of lateral movement, etc.). I've been throwing a lot of the first category with my Chameleon and Comets (and recently Tortugas), the second category is almost always a FH with a Force, but I've done it with Stegos, Zone OS, Tilts, etc, and the third category is mainly my color shifting 4X Zone on a FH, but any OS disc will do (and I think I'm going to experiment with a Rask for this).

Overall though I think it boils down to my Chameleon (I don't throw it nearly enough, but then again I don't always need the sneaky long distance from its super comfy rim) and my Comets (I carry 3 and almost always rack up 7-10 throws between them a round). Honorable mention definitely goes to my Zone, Raptor and Force for being amazing FH workhorses that do what I want 95% of the time.

A plain old DX PandA Aviar (if I could only play with one disc for the rest of my life, it would be this).

Old Flat Top Star Firebird: feels good, flies great.

slightly worn ESP passion - just lazer beams and holding lines wherever I decide to throw it

beat up 168 z predator - it's like a perfectly worn PD at this point. throw flat and hard, watch a dependable flight in most conditions and predictable fade

once I decide on pathfinder vs hex, one of those might make it on a list like this some day. incredibly similar, but still distinct from each other

Definitely my Star Leopard3, for slow turning hyzerflips that give me a long s-curve

And then my beat up K3 Reko for buttery turn overs

I've found my game moving much more toward the neutral to understable side since I've been having a lot of success with hyzerflip discs. For the same reasons, my Graces are in contention too.

My Favorites right now are my Glitch and Wrath. I just really love throwing both of them. The Glitch is so much fun, and I love the way the Wrath feels in my hand.

But, from a usability perspective, easily the Envy and Crave are my two favorite discs. The last round I played was a 3 disc round with a Glitch, PP Neutron Soft Envy and a Plasma Crave from the more stable runs that fly close to the old PP ones. It was 108º outside and I got a little overheated, so I didn't play that great overall, but I never felt like my discs were the cause of my problems, just my conditioning. That being said, if I had dropped the Glitch, I probably would have missed out on at least 2 of my birdies. That thing carves some pretty lines in the woods.

My Favorites right now are my Glitch and Wrath. I just really love throwing both of them. The Glitch is so much fun, and I love the way the Wrath feels in my hand.

But, from a usability perspective, easily the Envy and Crave are my two favorite discs. The last round I played was a 3 disc round with a Glitch, PP Neutron Soft Envy and a Plasma Crave from the more stable runs that fly close to the old PP ones. It was 108º outside and I got a little overheated, so I didn't play that great overall, but I never felt like my discs were the cause of my problems, just my conditioning. That being said, if I had dropped the Glitch, I probably would have missed out on at least 2 of my birdies. That thing carves some pretty lines in the woods.
I thought I was the only person in the world throwing a wrath. I love having a sub-160 driver that holds up to a full forehand rip. Don't know if it's gyro magic or something else but it's a winner.

Latest posts