• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite baskets?

Mach V's also.

Whatever innova basket that has the single row of chains. I like the single chain baskets, more challenge.

The Innova Discatcher? I think that's how it's spelled; the original one. I hate it. It's too short (at least it seems like when I'm playing), too fat and the single row doesn't add anything to the difficulty other than by multiplying the chance of a spitout.

Speaking as a blind mofo, DisCatcher Pro or Lat64 Pro Basket. The top band that most people hate so much make them a hell of alot easier for me to see off the tee and in the fairway.

DGA Mach III and V's are both excellent catching baskets, and they last the longest out of any basket on the market!

I prefer Gateway Titans. Those things are awesome. It looks like that Spider basket is very similar.

If you're looking for something more mainstream then I will second the vote for a Chainstar or a Discatcher Pro.

Mach 5's around here. Never had any experience with the Titans or Spiderweb, but they look pretty coo.

I love the Monkey Traps. They seem to catch so well because the chains are so heavy. They look nice on the course too. They're made is Springfield, Missouri (an hour away from where I live), and I know the guy who had makes each and every one of them.

My favorite is the DGA Mach 5 with the #plate. Catch great and easy to spot the number. Powder coated for extra cool look. Long lasting and super durable. Any basket without a number plate takes away from the course.

I own 2 Discraft chainstars. They catch great but with no number plate. I have seen a course with number plates but they were easily destroyed. The chains get hung up together all the time.

I also like Innova Discatcher Pros and think they catch great. I like them for visibility. The on drawback is that they seem to rust much quicker. Vandals seem to like to write on those bands too.

I'm so used to playing on DISCatcher Pros that anything else seems a bit foreign to me. That being said, I really liked Titans the one time I got to throw at them. They seemed to catch better than any other commercially available basket I've played on. Chainstars and Mach V's catch fine for me, too. The thing with DISCatchers I've gotten so used to is being able to see them.

Also, if you're worried about folks writing on the bands of your new DISCatchers, Innova is either working on or already has (I'm not sure if they're offering it yet) an anti-graffiti coating they can put on the band, for something like $50 extra.

Last edited:
Kingpin's are awesome:

multi_kingpin_picture_for_site-956x744.jpg

I practice on a mach III in my backyard, but my favorite course has Chainstars and I like them both equally. Both catch great.
Biz

I realize that there is a lot of behind the scenes crud that goes on in the St. Louis disc golf scene, but it would be a real shame if JB got new baskets and they were anything but Titans. The only drawback to the Titans is that you have to weld the attachments or they wiggle. Given that the Daviar is there, he would probably take care of that. Really, it would be pretty surprising to me if RCF seriously considered anything else.

If you want to reconsider rehabbing the baskets, get in touch with the guys who did the Highland course in Joliet, IL. They re-galvanized some old Mach III's for that course. I don't remember who did that course, but I'm pretty sure Gary Lewis was involved. I'd try looking him up and finding out what they did.

If the course in Bridgeton gets the OK, RCF might need to buy a lot of baskets and rehabbing the old baskets at JB might make more financial sense. It's been fashionable to bitch about Mach III's for the last few years, but they are not as bad as the pros make them out to be. Those baskets have been getting the job done for 17 years, and they haven't killed anybody yet.

Titans are my personal favorite but those monkey's look pretty damn sweet. If I had my own course, I'd put em both in!

can we get some pictures of all of these? mach III mach V discatcher pro monkey trap gateway titan spider web and anything else

Latest posts