• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite baskets?

discdoh

Birdie Member
I recently made a post asking everyone if they had any input on how to rehab a set of well used Mach IIIs. I didn't get much good advice. I did, however, get an interesting comment from Mark Ellis,

"Rehab? Those baskets did not catch well when they were brand new. Do you just want them to look nicer? Pearls on swine."

So, my question to everyone - With no budget concerns, what baskets would you use? Please keep the responses within the realm of commonly available baskets made by a manufacturer and not an individual.

I have played a lot of different models, and I think I would have to go with Gateway Titan Pros...super beefy, super deep basket, great chain layout, and they are made in my hometown. The only drawback I can think of is weight. If you have multiple pin positions, they take a little more sweat to move around.

those monkey one's look sick. i would love to have my own private course with brown and orange coated baskets. go brownies!

I'd say, offhand, that my favorite baskets are the ones that have my discs in 'em.

The rest of them suck :D

Whatever innova basket that has the single row of chains. I like the single chain baskets, more challenge.

The Monkey Traps seem like the Kingpin baskets. Both look excellent, and I would likely pick Kingpin if I had to create a course. That, or a Discatcher with a different colored band, like a powder blue one I saw on here before.

Chainstar all the way. for my putting style these catch the absolute best.

you may be interested in this though. its the results of a poll taken of PDGA members on their basket preferences. i found it very intriguing

Spider Webs; Go Al, we will miss you!

if anyone has ever played a course in indiana that has these spider web baskets they will know they have seen one of the best baskets in disc golf

just finally got approved after al pier sold his business to an Indianapolis fellow who is going to keep up production for al.

the chains assembly and arrangement is great and does not allow spit throughs.
Basket is nice and deep.
AND THESE THINGS ARE HEAVY DUTY! Not easy to bend or vandalize.

A.P. Spider Web 3
arachnid_a_p_spiderweb_3.jpg

alls i know is that i loath any basket with the big yellow chastity belt on top. give me a set of standard chains without the yellow distraction bar and i'm happy.

Discatcher Pro all the way. One of the best baskets out there. Durable and catch like no other. If money is really no object then I would consider a Kingpin. Great design and built really well. The colors also add to the coolness of the baskets too.

Spider Webs and Gateway Titans are my favorites. After that, the Mach V, Chainstar and Discatcher Pro are all perfectly good.

Latest posts