• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc did EXACTLY what you expected out the box?

Teebird and Firebird do exactly the same thing every time and if they don't, it's my fault.

Did you do any tuning? am curious as I still have one, and while it has been no worse than any other disc I tommy, I still cant get it to get that glide. It just keeps rolling.

Whats your secret.

I believe the first couple shots with it I threw banged into the ground before I got it to glide. Besides that I did no tuning. When I throw it RHFH its understable and I believe you achieve that by pushing both the wide rim side and the thin rim side down. As far as how I throw it, I throw it with a hook thumb grip. I can't get it to glide with a tomahawk grip. I throw it as hard as I can and out more then up. Also, I find better results when you make sure the disc is perpendicular to the ground coming out of your hand. If its on an angle it will lose power going into the barrel roll. I'll see if I can get a video of it for you sometime. I actually deuced a 404ft hole using my Epic over the weekend.

wizard and TL - exactly what I thought they'd do, and they do it well!

I have throw this Star SL a few times now, and its doing excatly what I thought it would do. Very straight with a little fade

Discraft Reaper, and Surge SS. I found my first reaper and it is well worn. The new Reaper I ordered flies just like the old beat in one in Elite Z.

My Star TL has always done exactly what Innova says it will.

My DX Roc pretty much does whatever I ask it to, but it doesn't count in this thread because it took several months of beatings to get it to that point.

My vote for a disc that puts the lie to the ratings was my Champion Groove. I kept that thing about a week and sold it. Really anything in Champion plastic is off from the ratings, in my experience.

I find that Star Destroyers and Star Wraiths are pretty consistent when they are brand new. They do pretty much what I expect them to.

Not out of the box, cause I've never got a disc from a box... but on a few occasions I've been told that I would like certain discs (Roadrunner n Valkyrie).

When I got around to owning (Valk.) or borrowing (Roadrunner) one of the two that were recommended they were preferable n did what exactly what I expected.

all of my TLs - star, champ, glow - all of them do what they are supposed to
Zone - it was as overstable as I hoped it would be
Star Max - up and right back down for spikes

Not out of the box, cause I've never got a disc from a box... but on a few occasions I've been told that I would like certain discs (Roadrunner n Valkyrie).

When I got around to owning (Valk.) or borrowing (Roadrunner) one of the two that were recommended they were preferable n did what exactly what I expected.

Your missin out! Discrafts misprint deal is awesome!