• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you do when you can't play?

Mrcpa

Bogey Member
So I've been battling an overuse elbow injury since the beginning of spring and I have decided to take a few weeks off as my doctor recommended at the beginning of spring (I only ended up taking a little over a week off cause I couldn't help myself)... so anyways I was wondering what do you guys do when something you can't control stops you from playing? :wall:

If i were to hurt my right arm, i would start playing with my left.

This is a good idea. Getting an "opposite hand game" would be good for your game. A left hand forehand would be particularly useful for some troublesome spots on the course.

I have other hobbies and interests. If I can't play disc golf for whatever reason, I have plenty of other things to keep me busy.

i get on the forums and read or talk to people. or watch videos.

non-DG related.... guitar playing or video games

Got some dislocated cartilage among my ribs from a mt. bike crash 1 1/2 weeks ago, so this past weekend I volunteered for the Baked Potato Open in Boise. :) While spotting discs on #6 for 3 rounds, I cut a fair swath through the donations of Odell and Sockeye Brewing.:D

Work Out. Just becaue you cant play disc golf doesnt mean you cant get better.

I ride long distance bikes, skate a mini ramp or go to the gym. Playing two rounds in the heat with a 30lb bag is a workout so when I can't play, I try to work on my cardio.

If I can't go outside, then I go back to my indoor hobbies of spinning records, editing music, or fly tying. If I'm able to go outside, I'll go hiking into the national park and heckle some brook trout with my fly rod!

A ton.

And unfortunately disc golf seems to be sliding down on my list of priorities and fun things to do with my time off.

Stuff that's not disc golf. Weightlifting, fishing, maybe some diablo or heroes of the storm. If I watch something, I'll watch dg coverage.

If I can't go outside, then I go back to my indoor hobbies of spinning records, editing music, or fly tying. If I'm able to go outside, I'll go hiking into the national park and heckle some brook trout with my fly rod!

Tying flys is actually pretty interesting, and then seeing if they work ;)

Allot of technique goes into those, very cool all the tricks and ways to make them unique.

I do course work. Though I do that more than play, anyway.

I'm oft-injured, too often too injured to play, but it's rare that I can't do anything.

If I'm not discing, then I'm tutoring math/stats, helping my mom clean up her house or just staying active because if I don't, I turn to being a lazy bum and I need to lose a few pounds.

Latest posts