• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what do you do when you get a hole in one?

I think that I saw that from Paul McBeth once or twice on videos. Of course, he plays on somewhat of a different level than most of us. :D

I would link the videos but I'm at work on my phone and can't search for them. I think there was an ace compilation video, maybe.

Now that you say that I almost think I've seen Simon pull it off?

Now that you say that I almost think I've seen Simon pull it off?

I found the video but can't link it. It WAS a McBeth ace compilation. Maybe someone else can find and link it. It is SO appropriate for this thread. :thmbup:

I could see Simon doing that, too, with the sly "who me" grin. :hfive:

McCray did it last year, but he always looks like he's sucking on a pickle.

Do a good fist pump and a Roc Flair Whoo! Then just write the hole number and course on the disc and throw it back in the bag.

Gotta get one to know for sure, but the two whole times I came THIIIIIIIIIIS close I'm pretty sure I was on my way to a knee-jerk backflip, which probably wouldn't have been successful and ended that round.

Depends on the Ace, The first one, we could not see the bottom of the basket. As has happened before I figured it popped out. We started walking down the hill and it was in the basket. The guy next to went nuts. He turned to me and asked why I was not saying anything, I told he he did enough for both of us.

Since then I have had 7, 4 in league tournament events and one of those with a galley. The "Big One" as it has become know as these days seems to have taken on a life of it's own. Depending on who tells the story, the crowd was anywhere from 50 to 100. 65 is what I figured the number to be. It was a throw-off at the end of the event. Big hyzer line over a parking lot and it stuck. Crowd erupted. Anyhow, I put my hands in the air, turned to the crowd without saying a word and thought to myself "so this is what it must be like to hit an ace on a real pro tour event".

I have all but two of the discs, I still throw them all, they just have a bit of ink on them now. One disc has 2 aces netting 436 dollars in ace pool money. The two that are missing, one just vanished and the other is sitting at the bottom of a lake.

Internally debating what to do after hitting an ace is a problem I wish I had :-(

Whenver I get an ace I mark the hole and date of the ace on the disc. (I try and make it work into the stamp where possible) then when i get home I buy a new disc in that mold as a backup for the ace disc should i lose or retire the ace disc. I have alot of spare proxys waiting their turn at home : )

I don't vandalize the park equipment, if that's what you're getting at ;)

The difference between art and graffiti is permission to use the canvas.

Just because of this thread, on my next ace I'm going to act totally pissed off and say "damn it! I was trying to hit high/low chains! Son of a bitch!! And stomp off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ pretty much that.

I did see a guy ace # 1 at Hiestand one Sunday morning and he took off his shirt and pants and did 4-5 cartwheels, which, although a bit much for my tastes, was notable for the fact that he did the gymnastics UP the hill.

^Im curious to the purpose of removing articles of clothing. Maybe he couldn't do the gymnastics with restrictions?

I just aced a couple days ago, and as it was a blind hole and a buddy was spotting, I was overwhelmed confused when he yelled ace, and thought he was pulling my leg... but I gave my fiends high fives, wrote the occurrence on my disc and now hope to get more aces. They are fun.

I only have two. I lost one of my ace discs in water (Buzzz); the other was promptly retired (Roc3).

I'll let you know as soon as I get one.

Of course, as often as I play, and coupled with my severe social anxiety about discing with other humans, it will probably happen sometime around the year 2157 and I'll be by myself.

Our course has a lot of short holes especially on the original 9.. I used to celebrate more, I still give a yell but I don't bother writing it on my discs anymore. I guess I've been playing it for 30 yrs haha. Now I count which ones I haven't hit.. 6 out of 27.

Congrats on the Ace!!

My first Ace was actually during a Discraft Ace Race Tournament....I had only been throwing about a year...didn't really like the disc's we had to throw, but got an Ace anyway...still have that disc (retired)...
I have 2 with a GStar Roc3 (exactly 2 months apart, weird huh), that disc is still in my bag...I have a few other Ace's but two of those discs are long gone, one shelved - but not retired, one lost in the water at The Rez, and one left behind on a course somewhere...(never throw 2, why, cuz I always walk off and leave one)...so to answer the question posed in the opening post....(shoulder shrug)

I have done everything one can do, with an Ace disc!

What I don't do, is risk an Ace disc (like my Roc3) on ANY THROW with the slightest chance of it not returning safely to my bag.....I made this rule after throwing my Fuzion Judge Acer in the water at The Rez….

I'd love it if someone could hold their enthusiasm and just be so whatever about it. That'd be classic and one to remember. It'd be hard to pull off, but epic nonetheless.

I successfully did this on a mulligan "ace". Casual round with a friend and only keeping track of score in my head. Throwing extra drives just for funzies to try different lines and such on a few holes. A low ceiling uphill shot that has a hyzer line you can be a little looser on the height of the throw and my first shot smacks a tree that pretty much differentiates the straight up line and hyzerline to its right. I grab another disc and say i need to prove to myself I can hit this line. Hit the line perfectly looks like its going to land and slide right under the basket instead skips solidly in the chains. My buddy yells ACE!!! and whoops and gets the attention of people on a couple different holes. I just sat there stone faced thinking "it was an f-ing mulligan and not even a real round when I hit this one..." He insisted it was an ace and signed the disc... when he gave it back I saw he signed it "not a real ace"

Latest posts