• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you use for woody straights?

Blowfly II. Flight path is like a Buzzz, but when it hits a tree it doesn't usually (badly) ricochet and instead flops down so that you don't end up in the woods somewhere. I have also had some success with a Leopard on this kind of hole. Playing around/practicing with such a hole, I've been trying: Mako, Axis, Comet, Polecat, Anode, and Crave.

If I'm having a good day, compass thrown at the left tree line with a tiny bit of anny. Otherwise a standstill straight up the middle with a beat shield for a safe par.

Beat dx teebird, fh on shots like these. Sometimes I hit it and sometimes not.

For this shot I use S-Line FD.
If I only need it to go 300 ft it's dead straight.

I personally throw a ZFLX BuzzzSS which most of the time goes fairly straight but sometimes it can be powered a bit to much and will flip every so slightly. My other disc I like is a Mako3 and it seems to keep any line I put it on fairly well. Not sure about throwing it 300 feet though since that is kinda crushing a mid range fairly hard and you'd have to have a really solid release without any hyzer or anhyzer.

My discs I normally just throw them up field like 225 feet so not sure how well they would fair trying to put heat on them to get them to go 300 feet.

Champ Panther

This. :thmbup:

There have been a lot of good ideas mentioned, most of them being 'old school'. Champ Mako3 is good, but I'd like to add a newer disc into the mix, the Star VCobra. This is a very good, straight mid that gets a surprising amount of distance.

I will just take a stand and deliver putter shot out to 150 and than just do the same shot again, tap in and take a 3 and move on.

^^^ This.

Seriously, this is one of those baited holes that will cause more bogies than birdies. Putter, putter, putt and move on.

Beat Wizard 2x and take my three, most likely. A Patriot if I am feeling confident that day.

Ive read a post of yours and it seems you love the glow plastics. Any reason as to why? And whats the difference to leo 3 and leo I throw three leopards and been itching to try the leo 3. @ hellbound

Last edited:
But more than that there is a flaw in my form and in my bag. I do putt with the Champ Aviar but I just feel like im taking the easy way out and not challenging for the reward that I know I can achieve.

At 300' in the woods I think it's better to back off a driver and focus on keeping it low. To throw a mid 300' I need to throw it nearly max power and put some height on it. I'm more likely to go a little off track.

Personally I'm throwing a Pinnacle Patriot with a slight hyzer release, really focusing on keeping it low and hitting my line. I'm much less worried about getting the power correct. As long as it's straight I should have a look.

Latest posts