• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What hobby got dumped for DG?

Billym

Eagle Member
I was in Yosemite this week and and did not climb (family time not me time). That was a really weird feeling and I though it is disc golf that has captured both my attention and free time. Not that I think it is a terrible thing but after this weekend I need to give a few other interests/pursuits some attention. I love disc golf but I love climbing too and yesterday it was like meeting a long lost friend.

What interest has lost to disc golf?

wife....LOL....but this past year...i really focused more time at home...and NOW the wife is telling me to go golf!

House work...and I used to be an avid WoW addict but I just get fat playing WoW so I quit.

I guess it was table tennis this time. Isn't it funny how you never seem to have enough time in life for more than about 2 (max, sometimes only one) hobbies that you are really passionate about at one time. :(

Never play tennis any more and rarely throw around a frisbee either. I also play fewer video games and I'm sure part of my lesser amount of time spent watching baseball this past season was due to disc golf.

gorillaboy said:
I used to do a "LOT" of aggressive inline skating before I found DG
yeah i was into that at one point too...now my wife and I both have a bag with razor's and random gear just chillin' in the closet.

In fact, disc golf is the first 'hobby' that became a passion and stuck for more than a year or so, 2.5 years now.

I've been into dirt bikes, guitar/bass in bands, aggressive inline, bowling, paintball, hunting/fishing and probably other crap but nothing lasted 2 years until now.

I have a Fender Jazz Bass and Warwick Corvette Fretless that are gathering dust over the past couple of years.

I've got a joke for you fruit booters on here:

Q: What is the hardest part about inline skating?

A: Telling your parents that you're gay.

it's all in fun guys. A washed up skateboarder told me that joke and the Fruit Booter epithet.

jnecessary said:
gorillaboy said:
I used to do a "LOT" of aggressive inline skating before I found DG
yeah i was into that at one point too...now my wife and I both have a bag with razor's and random gear just chillin' in the closet.

In fact, disc golf is the first 'hobby' that became a passion and stuck for more than a year or so, 2.5 years now.

I've been into dirt bikes, guitar/bass in bands, aggressive inline, bowling, paintball, hunting/fishing and probably other crap but nothing lasted 2 years until now.

I skated for probably 7 years then just kinda of out grew it..then i found dg about 13 years ago and been playing ever since...now I dont get to play dg as much as I would like to any more since all I have time to do any more is work 2 jobs all the time now (I really cant wait to quit my other job) ....I think the last time i played dg was over a month ago now......

keltik said:
I have a Fender Jazz Bass and Warwick Corvette Fretless that are gathering dust over the past couple of years.

it's all in fun guys. A washed up skateboarder told me that joke and the Fruit Booter epithet.

it's all good.....
but go figure ....some thing else to get made fun of along with my liking to play MTG...... :roll: now all thats left is for some one to think spinning fire poi is gay to....LOL

gorillaboy said:
keltik said:

it's all good.....
but go figure ....some thing else to get made fun of along with my liking to play MTG...... :roll: now all thats left is for some one to think spinning fire poi is gay to....LOL

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...

My VW's and my home brewing have definitely suffered this summer. I haven't brewed anything in months. I still have a 200+ bottle reserve of past brews but I am sure it will go quickly this winter with no DG to play.

I used to play a card game, Magic: The Gathering quite a bit for 6 years. DG gave me time to get away from it, which was good. I needed a break from it. But i still play it @ night time now. I found a way to make DG and MTG co-exist. :p

Only other thing really, is probably video games. I only play those on the weekend, which, is when i play DG. But, like MTG, I'll save the Video Games for darkness. :)

Latest posts