• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What hobby got dumped for DG?

I stopped cutting up homeless pill popping twentysomethings and feeding them to alligators. As important as it was, all that cutting was messing with my putt. (actually I'm just watching Dexter).

I pretty much gave up guitar...though I think I'm going to start playing again.

Oh and another thing, what's the deal with all the damn card floppers on this site? My last roommate in College was big into DG (didn't ever get to play with him though) and he was also all about "MTG" as it were. He had notebooks (yes plural) of Magic cards. Man if any dice chuckers come out of the closet I'm gonna spit.

BMX
My friend and I were getting back into BMX last year. I had spent a lot of money building up a few race bikes: a 20" and a 24" inch... we were out at the track trying to clear all the doubles, and my friend broke his left arm pretty badly... so it got me thinkin that I have no business out there when I don't have any health insurance (luckily he did)... and luckily he doesn't need his left arm for disc golf...so the bikes are just sittin now and I play DG every time I get the chance.
Perhaps when I get a job with a health plan, I'll start goin out to the races again.

Skateboarding, still ride the longboard now and again but no more tricks for me (hurts)
Painting/graffiti, used to be pretty big into aerosol art but just never find the time anymore
Kickboxing training, just did it for fun anyways but when i really got into DG i was afraid to hurt my throwing hand :oops: (ive already broken my right twice)

still rockin the video games and occasional painting at night though

Jesse B 707 said:
when i really got into DG i was afraid to hurt my throwing hand
this.

I have been playing men's league softball the past few couple months on Monday nights...I'm getting better at it now but the first few weeks I was being an idiot and letting reflexes damn near end DG for the year. Tried to barehand a comebacker and it left both my index finger and thumb blue/purple/black for a week, wasn't so easy to grip a disc.

Fruit bootin.

Still roll around every now and again but my 2 left knee surgeries and my 1 pending right knee surgery tell me to stick with disc.

Time-wise I gave up softball. I went from playing three nights a week and tournaments a couple weekends a month to one Co-Ed league. Eventually I dropped that. I haven't played softball in a dozen years now.

Money-wise I gave up buying music. My music collection dies off at about 1993, which is about when I started spending all my disposable income on golf discs.

I gave up raiding full time with a Shadow Priest for Disc Golf and have not looked back (much).

BMX and fishing. i kinda quit bmx because i am getting a little to old to be throwing my ass down stairs and getting hurt. i still fish, but not nearly as much i used too.

Dig It said:
I gave up raiding full time with a Shadow Priest for Disc Golf and have not looked back (much).
HAHA, the sad thing is WoW saves you money in the sense you can play for a money for the cost of a disc. At any rate, I stopped bowling. 15-30 bucks a week for a league and I was in multiple leagues, it was way to taxing.

BeSquared said:
Dig It said:
HAHA, the sad thing is WoW saves you money in the sense you can play for a money for the cost of a disc. At any rate, I stopped bowling. 15-30 bucks a week for a league and I was in multiple leagues, it was way to taxing.
WoW is a bargain for the quality of game you get for $0.50 per day...but I like sleeping at 10 or 10:30pm rather than 1-2am. I also like spending more time with my wife.

jnecessary said:
BeSquared said:
Dig It said:
WoW is a bargain for the quality of game you get for $0.50 per day...but I like sleeping at 10 or 10:30pm rather than 1-2am. I also like spending more time with my wife.

Amen. I quit WoW in the summer and pick it back up in the winter. Winter is when the game gets on fire again and people start flooding back in because its too cold and dark outside. WoW is an awesome game if you have people to share it with, if you don't, not so much...

jnecessary said:

I played FFXI a ton for that reason...now that I'm more serious about DG, I get the added bonus of spending more time with my wife, as well :D

Latest posts