• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What hobby got dumped for DG?

Every other hobby that I did a lot got dropped. I used to have a huge knife collection (250 of them or so) and I sold off any of them that were worth $$ to buy discs. Now I take care of my daughter, my wife , & my farm, and every other spare minute goes to DG related stuff. This forum gets a ton of time, making disc golf bags, and then wishing I was out playing.

I wouldn't say it got DUMPED, but I used to do a lot more cycling.
Now I do more bicycle commuting and bicycle errands rather than leisure rides.

I have way more bike stuff tthan anyone should have... enough to start a repair shop!

keltik said:
Oh and another thing, what's the deal with all the damn card floppers on this site? My last roommate in College was big into DG (didn't ever get to play with him though) and he was also all about "MTG" as it were. He had notebooks (yes plural) of Magic cards. Man if any dice chuckers come out of the closet I'm gonna spit.

Where's the shifty eyes smiley when you need it?

I'm noticing I study a lot less, but I feel that is more DGR/DGCR related than actually playing related. Also of note, we are a bunch of freaking dorks on here! (myself included!) I was an avid MTG-er in Jr high and High school, not so much in college. Not many of us spent time as all star football players or wrestling bears in the woods prior to DG...

mason65 said:
I'm noticing I study a lot less, but I feel that is more DGR/DGCR related than actually playing related. Also of note, we are a bunch of freaking dorks on here! (myself included!) I was an avid MTG-er in Jr high and High school, not so much in college. Not many of us spent time as all star football players or wrestling bears in the woods prior to DG...

Those naturally athletic dudes don't fit in too well here! :lol: BTW, some of us are cool...I was captain of the cross country and swim teams at my school! I also hosted some killer parties centered around drinking mountain dew and watching the X-files! :mrgreen:

I rode my dirtbike MUCH less the last two years since I started playing DG. I can hit the local hilly, challenging course, and run while I play 18 and get a DG fix and a little workout (it's a little under 3 miles total). The dirtbike takes waaay more time...load up, gear up...just got to be a hassle. Had been big into mountain biking for years, but most of my crew dropped off one at at time (wives, families, etc.), so I hadn't been doing much of that the last few years anyway. Haven't done much bow hunting either...lost my PRIMO place to hunt anyway. DG is cheap, fun, and keeps me out of trouble. I live so close to a great course, it's just too easy to pop up there whenever I have some free time...less than 30 minutes, and I can have a round in.

DG is THE nerdiest thing I've ever participated in, and I used to do a bit of inline. LOL It's a great game though, wish I had been aware of it sooner.

MDR_3000 said:
Ultimate and Basketball. If I didn't pick up DG, I probably would have started playing competitive pool.

next time you're in KC, we should go play a few games. i'll let you pick up the table time since i fed you steak last time you were here.

9 ball or 8 ball? pick your poison.

phisherman77 said:
MDR_3000 said:
Ultimate and Basketball. If I didn't pick up DG, I probably would have started playing competitive pool.

next time you're in KC, we should go play a few games. i'll let you pick up the table time since i fed you steak last time you were here.

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure we could fit both games in.

MDR_3000 said:
phisherman77 said:
MDR_3000 said:

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure we could fit both games in.

i'm sure we'll have fun; even if we both play like crap, i'm sure the trash talking will be championship level.

I used to do a lot of MMA and cage fighting in between Strongman events. Not much time for any of that now.

Americas Army on-line game and working out. Now I got a big ass beer belly. I mean this fucker is huge. we should do a show your belly thread.

DiscZombie said:
Americas Army on-line game and working out. Now I got a big ass beer belly. I mean this fucker is huge. we should do a show your belly thread.

I'll start. Don't be jealous....

six-pack-abs-routine.jpg

discspeed said:
mason65 said:

Those naturally athletic dudes don't fit in too well here! :lol: BTW, some of us are cool...I was captain of the cross country and swim teams at my school! I also hosted some killer parties centered around drinking mountain dew and watching the X-files! :mrgreen:
Hey don't count me in I was climbing rock and trail running; but I have actually lost more weight playing DG. Walk fast and carry a big bag and play all day.
Wow all those videos games and RPGs of sorts. Got to say guys you are a bunch of geeks ( played D&D back in the day before them computer things); good thing you upgraded to a physical activity. :p
Disc golf the perfect lifestyle and goes good with beer.

Latest posts