• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the Best Putter?

I've played a bit with the Innova DX Aviar and the Discraft Soft APX. Both favorites of mine.

The Innova Pig is heavy and great for close range, for me anyway. The others I mentioned I use from farther away.

Last edited:
Jk Aviar-X it is amazing, it took me a long time to find the right putter for me but once I tried the JK there was no turning back

I want a Tee Shirt that has a Magnet on the front and Midnightbiker throwing a Magnet on the back.

Put this on the front:

0506090026.jpg

Or this:

Picture011.jpg

and you can put this picture on the back:+

discgolfsanantonio.jpg

I use my Original Champion Aviar 172g for most of my putts around 60' and closer, anything outside that range I use a R-Pro Aviar 167g, and for windy conditions I use a KC Pro Aviar 177g. As you can see I only putt with a Aviar. It has been a must have in my bag since I started the game, recently my putting has taken my game to a new level. I owe it all to the trusty Aviar.

I'm personally looking into getting a Voodoo or a Wizard, either SS or SSS. I think I will do SS to start, but I am apprehensive since I have to order online due to the severe lack of selection at the stores in my area so I can't get a feel for which I would prefer..

Oh well. FU Chicago!

Gateway all the way! I've got a 175 Warlock SSS and I love it. That being said, I just picked up Daredevil's Woodchuck, which is even softer and I'm not that big of a fan.
That being said, I also have an old discraft Z-Putt'r which is awesome if you're putting a little longer and you want a stiff disc.

I had been using an Omega SS, but I just picked up an R-Pro Aviar and I think I've found my new putter. It seems to really grab the chains, and flies much better than I expected given how floppy it is.

I use 2x magics. a SS and SSS. If I need longer then I use a legacy, I used to use a roc and might end up pulling it back out of my bag.

I have fallen back in love witht the Pro Pig. It saved my game over the weekend and helped win my first AM Intermediate tournament. I only missed two putts out of 4 rounds (76 holes) in the driving rain and wind.

Man, the PIG was the on the money in the pressure situations.

Honestly

I always thought that softer plastic grips the chains better....

but you know what I realized last weekend....

Good putts grip the chains better....

...luck needs softer plastic to bounce in on the off chance you make that 75 ft anhyzer putt....(which I did for birdie)...

We can all hit our buddy with a frisbee from 100ft away....why is it so hard with a disc....

Like others said...it's mostly mental...putt with what you feel comfortable with.

turbo putt man, turbo putt....

I like my SS Voodoo, it has helped my game quite a bit. I can get it to hold lines from farther distances and get better runs on longer putts

I use the KCPro Aviar. I really like this putter. It isn't a soft disc, so maybe it bounces out a little more than a softer disc, but I started with a mid-range, and when I finally decided to switch to a putter, I wanted something that was similar to putting with a mid, this one fits the bill.

Are there any putters that feel and throw like a Buzzz. I can putt accurately with a Buzzz, but it is just way too fast. I have been putting with a Wizard and it is mostly flat on top like a Buzzz just not as large of a diameter.

A Sinus SP feels like a roc but it is slower. Dont know if that helps

I'm throwing organic Voodoos right now. Switching to soft once they're too beaten in.

EDIT: Par Post!

Latest posts