• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

looks FR or 2R so it's a TL, probably 50-55ish.

its a crummy old fashioned disc, you should sell it to me for 10 dollars.

on a serious note, why is it so many people wrote on the front of ce discs? i see that quite often.

Well, that could be Dr. Rick Voakes' autograph... he's pretty well known. 4x GM World Champ, and former employer of Juliana Korver. Otherwise, he probably got the CE for free from Innova.

Seriously though, the collector market for CE didn't really explode until the past few years.

its a crummy old fashioned disc, you should sell it to me for 10 dollars.

on a serious note, why is it so many people wrote on the front of ce discs? i see that quite often.

it seems like a lot of pros do this for their tourneys. remember when ce was released it was "crazy expensive" at $18-20 per disc...

Unclemercy, you're doing the +/- wrong. You don't state +/- 8. It should be in the format of 8 +/- 2. Otherwise you're just doing an Ace Ventura impression.

I estimate value of your estimates to be 0 +/- 0. Once you change the format, the value will change. It's like me estimating a CE 01 Roc at +/- 200. Oh wait, that means 150 more or 150 less depending on the gravitational pull of the moon at 12:31 GMT. Sheesh. Just state that a ODOT stamped 01 CE Roc is 275 +/- 50 and people derive a lot more meaning from an actual valuation instead of seeing something fabricated from whole cloth.

no bro. youre doing it wrong.

you may have a point but attempting to correct someone by improperly criticizing them isnt productive and has no place in this thread. this thread is for a small group of people who give one another credibility to tell a larger group of people how much they should buy and sell their discs for.

this made me laugh...I accidently copy/pasted only a section of what I was trying to copy/paste into google and it gave me the definition for "200"...

Definition for 200 :Web definitions: two hundred: being ten more than one hundred ninety.

blue slightly pearly 11x kc pro gazelle, 167g, 10/10.

opaque red 11x kc pro gazelle, 166g, 10/10.

what are these worth?

this made me laugh...I accidently copy/pasted only a section of what I was trying to copy/paste into google and it gave me the definition for "200"...

Definition for 200 :Web definitions: two hundred: being ten more than one hundred ninety.

+/-10 for our purposes here.

Just wondering what this one is worth? It's a brand new, unthrown F mold that weighs 177.9 grams. I haven't seen many pink ones. Thanks for any help.

no bro. youre doing it wrong.

you may have a point but attempting to correct someone by improperly criticizing them isnt productive and has no place in this thread. this thread is for a small group of people who give one another credibility to tell a larger group of people how much they should buy and sell their discs for.

I fail to see how providing constructive criticism designed to allow you to start building credibility is "improper". This is the very point of your rebuttal, and thus, you've failed in trying to tell me that I'm doing it wrong.

You don't understand what I'm saying. +/- 200 means nothing whatsoever. It could mean "$0" to "$1,000". In short, your estimates aren't estimates at all, but rather, something with no credibility at all.

If you said in your recent appraisal of the 02 CE Roc that it was 200 +/- 35, that means your estimate is that it'll probably average out at $200, but could go as low as $165 or as high as $235, depending on the market and buyer and the disc itself. This is what you are attempting to do.

Instead, you've maintained that your estimates are worthless, that you are incapable of comprehending and incorporating advice that did not actually criticize you, or the method you were using to provide estimates, just that you were reporting your estimates wrong.

You currently have zero credibility, because a part of having credibility on this very forum is being able to admit when you're wrong, learning, and changing what you do based on actual verifiable feedback & information. Nothing of what I said is new information or esoteric. It is a basic principle of math itself. If you graduated high school, you would understand this concept. There is no point in fighting against my suggestion if you want to garner any credibility.

Good day, sir.

I fail to see how providing constructive criticism designed to allow you to start building credibility is "improper". This is the very point of your rebuttal, and thus, you've failed in trying to tell me that I'm doing it wrong.

You don't understand what I'm saying. +/- 200 means nothing whatsoever. It could mean "$0" to "$1,000". In short, your estimates aren't estimates at all, but rather, something with no credibility at all.

If you said in your recent appraisal of the 02 CE Roc that it was 200 +/- 35, that means your estimate is that it'll probably average out at $200, but could go as low as $165 or as high as $235, depending on the market and buyer and the disc itself. This is what you are attempting to do.

Instead, you've maintained that your estimates are worthless, that you are incapable of comprehending and incorporating advice that did not actually criticize you, or the method you were using to provide estimates, just that you were reporting your estimates wrong.

You currently have zero credibility, because a part of having credibility on this very forum is being able to admit when you're wrong, learning, and changing what you do based on actual verifiable feedback & information. Nothing of what I said is new information or esoteric. It is a basic principle of math itself. If you graduated high school, you would understand this concept. There is no point in fighting against my suggestion if you want to garner any credibility.

Good day, sir.

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts