• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know we need pics supposedly, but photobucket is being stupid and imgur isn't working for my phone either . . . something is wrong, methinks.

any idea of a rough estimate for a 2009 CFR champ glow destroyer? 175g, 10/10. it's from 2009 minnesota majestic. CTP prize, baby. :)

So who did you steal the prize from? lol but seriously as a destroyer thrower I would give you 20-25 depending on stamp. Good Star destroyers are easy to find at the moment. Star is superior IEM. Is it pop top because those start out nice and OS :)

So who did you steal the prize from? lol but seriously as a destroyer thrower I would give you 20-25 depending on stamp. Good Star destroyers are easy to find at the moment. Star is superior IEM. Is it pop top because those start out nice and OS :)

you can pop the top, but i don't know if that is considered "pop top". it feels nice, evenly domed.

and i stole the CTP from alex geisenger. :p

destroyerCFR_zps0a380337.jpg

you can pop the top, but i don't know if that is considered "pop top". it feels nice, evenly domed.

and i stole the CTP from alex geisenger. :p

destroyerCFR_zps0a380337.jpg

IMO, If it has patent numbers on the back then you can probably get upwards of $30, maybe more. If not than you are looking at around $20 or so.

wow. go figure. it certainly does. i recently sold a star destroyer with patent numbers too. i didn't think that was a big deal; everything i'd been reading said patent numbers is just not that special if there is www tooling. *shrug* cool deal, though! good to know!

wow. go figure. it certainly does. i recently sold a star destroyer with patent numbers too. i didn't think that was a big deal; everything i'd been reading said patent numbers is just not that special if there is www tooling. *shrug* cool deal, though! good to know!

Patent numbers on glo destroyers will show it is from the early run of glo plastic for destroyers. They are generally the gummier/soft/grippier glo plastic than the current stuff innova is putting out. Pat numbers on star destroyers will be more sought after as they tend to be the earlier markings (SD, *D, s/ds, some *ds) but you also know for sure that they are non vulcan tops.

Last edited:
All unthrown first run patriots
Top is 173g
Bottom left is 175g
Bottom right is 174g

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 63
they'll go from anywhere between 25-40 or more depending on who wants to buy them and how bad they want them, dependent upon color. your best bet is the legacy collector group on FB. prices have been coming back to earth a little bit, so i'd say 20-35 is a safe, easy bet. and if you take 20$ for them you're a sucker, could definitely get more. that's more like a starting offer.

Last edited:
Still looking for a value on these. I want to sell them soon and would love to get an accurate assessment.

Thanks
I recently discovered that EliteX Challengers are OOP. I picked up these two many years ago. I'm curious about both the value and the story behind why they went OOP (if there is one)

Both are 6.8/10 and the yellow one is inked. Yellow's stamp is not fuzzy like the picture shows. Just couldn't get enough light on it; it's pretty clean.

OgkR0kOl.jpg

bVaVctAl.jpg

If a picture sits for a few days and doesn't get commented on, it probably means that no one has any info. If I see something I don't know about, I ignore it.

Might as well check Sold Listings on eBay and see for yourself.

you told me on reddit they were worth $20 a pop

I never quoted their worth. I stated what I was looking for at that time. Being premium plastic they weren't cheap to begin with, and now that they're OOP they could potentially be valuable to certain people. I'm more looking to trade them for plastic I could use, rather than sell them.

No one's told me a value yet; I've only seen some Challenger gurus ogle over them when I've brought them out. To me, that puts them around average for 'collectable' discs.

I never quoted their worth. I stated what I was looking for at that time. Being premium plastic they weren't cheap to begin with, and now that they're OOP they could potentially be valuable to certain people. I'm more looking to trade them for plastic I could use, rather than sell them.

No one's told me a value yet; I've only seen some Challenger gurus ogle over them when I've brought them out. To me, that puts them around average for 'collectable' discs.

I'd say $15-$20 is a fair estimate, can't see them selling for much more considering they were throwers and one is inked.
In regards to collectible Challengers, the stiff Cam Todd ones tend to be the most sought after.

I'd say $15-$20 is a fair estimate, can't see them selling for much more considering they were throwers and one is inked.
In regards to collectible Challengers, the stiff Cam Todd ones tend to be the most sought after.

Thank you! $20 was def my high-point, but didn't want to sell myself short.

I appreciate your help.

I've got a couple discs I'm interested in checking on. The first one is a Pink Opaque Champ 12x Eagle X 8/10 170g (pretty sure its X, checked it against another)

and the second is a white LE X Wasp with a 2003 Memorial stamp 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.