• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really just looking for general info on a disc. I was out at the course yesterday and ran into a guy that had been playing less than 2 months. He pulled out a bunch of drivers in DX plastic but then he pulled out a Buzzz. I told him that was a good disc and he handed it over. It was in Elite X plastic but said something like, "less stable Wasp" or something to that effect on it. It had Buzzz tooling on the inner rim though.

I am really just looking for general info on a disc. I was out at the course yesterday and ran into a guy that had been playing less than 2 months. He pulled out a bunch of drivers in DX plastic but then he pulled out a Buzzz. I told him that was a good disc and he handed it over. It was in Elite X plastic but said something like, "less stable Wasp" or something to that effect on it. It had Buzzz tooling on the inner rim though.

I have one of them too on the wall, they are just a retooled buzz with a tick more stability then the regular run buzz's and seem to have a very small bead to it... Pretty common disc

Got some old 80's tourney discs any idea if there is any value here, or what these are?:

Orange disc (space shuttle) 7/10
White disc 5/10
Yellow disc 5/10
Pink disc 6/10
Orange disc 6/10
SAM_0302_zps1155f6f1.jpg
SAM_0304_zpsad2f398b.jpg
SAM_0305_zps2d4e5762.jpg

Thanks

the space shuttle, depending on the mold is from 1983 and is usually a puppy or an original eagle.
I'm guessing the la miradas are either aviars or xd's... the other two I don't know. shoot pics of the wings :)

edit: the bottom two look to have rings on top. so they're likely wham-o molds.

SAM_0312_zps2993e771.jpg
Space shuttle, says nothing on bottom
SAM_0309_zps35287902.jpg
La Mirada, San Marino
SAM_0306_zpsb4e834a9.jpg
Other two, says Designed and produced exclusively for Wham-O by Innova

first one is either an original eagle or an original aero (retooled eagle) *thinking eagle though...
the other two I think are xd's
the whamo by innovas I don't know...

as far as values. I"m not 100% on that.
I would be a player on the eagle and the xd's though...
I'll pm you an offer.

first one is either an original eagle or an original aero (retooled eagle) *thinking eagle though...
the other two I think are xd's
the whamo by innovas I don't know...
The Shuttle Eagle/Aero (not sure which one it is either) is the valuable one in the bunch.

RE: The two WhamO's: Is that tooling on the top by the grip rings? What I think you have there is a 77. Innova made a modified Stingray with grip rings on the top called a 77 that had the "produced for Wham-O by Innova" text on the top; as I recall it had the regular San Marino Stingray tooling on the bottom. They also made a modified Cobra (78) and Viper (44) along with a 91 that wasn't directly any Innova disc that I could ever figure out. It would have to be one of those. At any rate, they really are not valuable. Somebody might want those discs for the stamps for sentimental reasons, but otherwise they have no real value.

The Shuttle Eagle/Aero (not sure which one it is either) is the valuable one in the bunch.

RE: The two WhamO's: Is that tooling on the top by the grip rings? What I think you have there is a 77. Innova made a modified Stingray with grip rings on the top called a 77 that had the "produced for Wham-O by Innova" text on the top; as I recall it had the regular San Marino Stingray tooling on the bottom. They also made a modified Cobra (78) and Viper (44) along with a 91 that wasn't directly any Innova disc that I could ever figure out. It would have to be one of those. At any rate, they really are not valuable. Somebody might want those discs for the stamps for sentimental reasons, but otherwise they have no real value.

He says there is nothing on the bottom (hard to read in his post) so that makes it an Eagle. Difficult to place a value on it because they aren't around. Great collector disc but not much of a thrower these days...

Nice info on the WhamO's. I have seen these around but did not realize they were modified Cobra's and Viper's...

we all already said no. why do you insist on posting ebay history?

Status
Not open for further replies.