• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest disc?

Interesting revisiting this after almost 6 years. I don't have that disc anymore. My longest throws were with a Vanish and Insanity now, but I don't carry them anymore either. I've also gotten significantly older and less limber and throw at least 50' shorter than my max average was 6 years ago. Yet, my scores are almost always at least 3-5 strokes better than I was playing back then and I land in the fairway with much greater regularity.

If I ever find another Relativity with dome, I'll buy. Since I lost mine a year ago, I've felt dozens in the shop. All flat top with shoulders. None look like the profile on MVP website. My original one did have the dome.

I agree. Flat Relativities just aren't all that great. They don't glide, and they won't turn.

A Relativity with good dome is magic. Finicky discs, but holy crap do they soar.

If I listed my top 10 longest molds, the Relativity would be near the top. Not a lot of use on the course for me, but fun to bomb around with in the field.

Ballista (O.G., not Pro) is the mold that I have had all my longest throws with. But it has its down side. That combo of flippy and uber fast is dangerous and hard to control. And while I think most of the "Trilogy plastic beats in too fast" chatter is overblown, it is actually spot on when talking about that wide-rimmed of a driver. Ballista, World, King, Queen, etc truly do change flight characteristics quickly.

Farthest throw I've measured was with an Astra but that was downhill with a tailwind. Farthest throw on flat ground was 364 with a beat up DX Eagle. I'm assuming it was an error with UDisc or something because I honestly struggle to push anything past 300 but maybe that one time I got my timing just right

Farthest throw I've measured was with an Astra but that was downhill with a tailwind. Farthest throw on flat ground was 364 with a beat up DX Eagle. I'm assuming it was an error with UDisc or something because I honestly struggle to push anything past 300 but maybe that one time I got my timing just right

Well if we're counting downhill, I once threw a Stalker almost 700' on a downhill hole that was also next to a road. My first throw hit a tree like 20' in front of me, so my second throw on a 714' hole, I was trying to make up for the tree hit and put too much on it, it went way right, just as a Suburban was going by, got caught in the tailwind of the Suburban and sailed all the way down the road to end up pin high in the middle of the road.

I also threw a River over 600' down a mountain on a course on a ski slope in Boise. It was windier than I expected and also ended up way right but pin high.

But yeah, I rarely get over 300' these days. I've had a few "perfect for me" releases with my Insanity or Wrath that have gone around 330' a few times, but I'm so rarely playing for distance, and more for placement that most of my drives end up in the 270-300 range when I'm throwing on longer holes. Most holes I drive with my Crave, Hex, or Envy. I get better scores when I'm rarely pulling out my Wrath.

Consistently longest flat ground open field drive?
-Hybrid Burst King, 171g, pop top. Hyzer flip and glide for 475'-525'.

Roller line?
-400 spectrum D3 with a good amount of cut. Easiest way for me to get over 425', and my only way to really get past 525'.
Disc I've thrown the furthest?
-Icon Rival, 175g. 1,238' in a L->R 10mph wind down a steep run on the Winter Park Resort course. Baby anhyzer release meant it rode the wind beautifully, and then the wind kept it from fading enough to ever really fall out of the sky.

Millennium Falcon gets me ~410' on flat ground with no wind assist. Tailwind might push that to ~450'
Heimburg '20 TS Destroyer (in a 2021 tournament round :popcorn:) has my longest measured throw ever (downhill) at 595'. Thats a good 60-70' past any other measured throws via UDisc on the same hole so probably a wind/angle/downhill combo with some ground action.

Champion Beast, only disc I've passed 500' throwing. After that would be a GStar Destroyer, newer embossed runs. Last time I measured one of those it was in the 440' range.

I agree. Flat Relativities just aren't all that great. They don't glide, and they won't turn.

A Relativity with good dome is magic. Finicky discs, but holy crap do they soar.

If I listed my top 10 longest molds, the Relativity would be near the top. Not a lot of use on the course for me, but fun to bomb around with in the field.

So guess what I found today from a Facebook marketplace ad? Domey Relativity! Dude is unloading a couple of hundred discs. A few decent molds in there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 45C1F631-9B3D-47A2-9AB6-03082D84FD77.jpg
    45C1F631-9B3D-47A2-9AB6-03082D84FD77.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,210
So guess what I found today from a Facebook marketplace ad? Domey Relativity! Dude is unloading a couple of hundred discs. A few decent molds in there.

attachment.php

Buy it and throw it. It could instantly become your longest driver.

I have a couple Proton Relativities with good domes, and they're ridiculously long.

When everything works right - ballista pro or beat destroyer.

Most consistently longest - wraith though PDs and valks aren't far behind in that regard.

Need more testing with the Rive but it may take over my reliable stable distance slot.

I don't know how to throw distance lines so this is for golf shots with some s curve.

I kind of wonder if my domey Adders could compete with my Warhorses. I don't know that my top distance will be matched, but I think these can go 500+.

I've only been playing since August, so I don't have a lot of experience yet, and I actually haven't even thrown anything above speed 9 yet.

Until Yesterday, my longest throws were with my Roadrunners and my CD2. Forehand pretty consistently around 275', backhand at 275' every once in a great while if I hit it just right.

Yesterday I launched a new-to-me, but slightly used River in the Opto-Air plastic. 329' Forehand. Slightly downhill, but still my longest recorded throw. I think I got my CD2 out around the same distance on another hole that was pretty level ground, maybe even slightly uphill. Didn't think to measure that one, though.

Anyone else throw way farther and more accurately forehand? I'm going to try and make some time to take some video on Friday of my backhand to post in the form reviews so I can try to improve there.

I've only been playing since August, so I don't have a lot of experience yet, and I actually haven't even thrown anything above speed 9 yet.

Until Yesterday, my longest throws were with my Roadrunners and my CD2. Forehand pretty consistently around 275', backhand at 275' every once in a great while if I hit it just right.

Yesterday I launched a new-to-me, but slightly used River in the Opto-Air plastic. 329' Forehand. Slightly downhill, but still my longest recorded throw. I think I got my CD2 out around the same distance on another hole that was pretty level ground, maybe even slightly uphill. Didn't think to measure that one, though.

Anyone else throw way farther and more accurately forehand? I'm going to try and make some time to take some video on Friday of my backhand to post in the form reviews so I can try to improve there.

Nice pump! My forehand is serviceable, if I can possibly throw a backhand turnover, I will.

Latest posts