• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest disc?

Longest shot I have thrown was a seasoned Lucid Trespass at 418' wheeled off.

Longest I currently bag is a seasoned SOLF I can push 375+' if I do everything right, which is 1/ too many.

For FH a Champ Ape, BH stable VIP King.

Either can go over 450.

Consistently:
Pro Wraith

Freak throws where I accidentally get near-perfect technique:
depends on the conditions... but Boss/Destro/Wraith/Beast-X are the usual suspects

C-PD or Bottom Stamped Destroyer with a FH flex shot out about 375'-400'.

P-PD, Champ Mamba or a beat Pro Destroyer that has a flight pattern similar to a much longer Leo3 with plenty of late in flight turn. All of them get between 350'-380' BH on a Hyzerflip.

Honarable mention is my beat Star Eagle-X that will fly 300'+ either BH or FH (BH is flat, FH is Hyzerflipped)

For me, my current max disc in the bag is a 170g C-DDx. I get about the same distance with my Prodigy D3s and Trespasses. 380' is average with a little over 400' max. Unless we're talking about the last sanctioned event I played with freak headwind on a hole that I typically can't even reach. I ended up over 100' past it in that tourney with a DDx. About a 500' throw. Thank Nature, certainly not the archer! :D

MVP Neutron Wave 157g. With the same weight *Tern right in there with it.

Just got to where I can consistently hyzer-flip my 169 Octane, and it absolutely crushes. Rarely have to pull it out of the bag... 435 is longest wheeled chunk but I haven't been out in a month or so to throw for D. It's seasoned from a released flat slight-turn slight-fade to a hyzer-flip to freakin stupid straight with a subtle fade very late in the flight. In terms of sheer max D probably the most fit disc for the job I've ever thrown.

A good PFN Champ Orc. 4 bills when I'm throwing correctly.

I could maybe possibly get more D out of higher speed discs if I really bore down and learned them, but meh...there's not that many instances where I need more distance, and the drop in accuracy isn't really all that appealing to me. I have enough problems with that already.

Disc I can throw the farthest that I carry with me all the time is a 171 g* tern. I can throw a pro tern farther, but they are more squirrely. Only discs I can get in the 420-440 range anymore, but seldom do I feel the need or want to try to crush one out there, typically just do it in wide open courses for fun (mainly because I'm not good at throwing distance lines)

Last edited:
Definitely my catalyst, that thing is quite the tailwind bomber. Love using it on big open courses set up on ball golf courses, so much room to work. Can get out to 450 plus with little effort.
Recently I snagged a 148g experimental blend Legacy cannon and have been having some fun with that. Haven't had a chance to get it out into the open like the catalyst but it should get comparable if not better distance.

PFN Pro Destroyer - I can get it out to 475'. Flexes just right, but carries with a ton of glide. I have plenty of backups for this slot.

Latest posts