• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your weakness when shopping for plastic?

WillGrrr

Birdie Member
When you are at the store, browsing your favorite on-line retailer, or cruising the Marketplace, what aspect of shopping for discs tips your decision to buy?

What gets you to press that 'submit order' button? Is it a guilty pleasure?

I start as a back-up buyer, securing molds and in weights which I throw. Then something will catch my eye...

Last edited:
I have a difficult time resisting glow plastic. :)

Old Discraft stuff. Especialy Phantoms.

I rarely get sucked into buying plastic online. When I have a roc or wizard in my hand that feels extra nice it's hard to put it back on the shelf though.

I'll buy something if it is a mold I throw in a cool color, stamp, or if it is glow. I'm pretty good at only buying discs when I can afford it and have a reason for buying it. My last buys have been neutron MVP in easy to find colors and a neat Pred to replace one I threw in a creek. I may try to nab a bright neutron axis soon.

Sales. I'll buy a disc that I don't even want just because it's on sale.

I know, I have a problem. :|

:D

Putters. I like all putters. I have to avoid getting around them at the store.

This for me too. I'll usually toss one in the cart whenever I place an order anything. I have always been addicted to them, but I lost all control when I discovered Wizards. I thought I was sick when I reached around 75 (had to try every feel and firmness I could find) until the G9i rerun. Now I'm well over 100. Yes, I have a problem!

I've since put a hold on buying more Wizards, but I've really started working on my backhand and have been throwing putters. While I like Wizards off the tee, I've used it as an excuse to try the Swedes and anything else I haven't yet tried. It started with a TM2 Pure, then the EZE Mercy, D P2, Sinus (AP and SP), and Money (had to show some US pride). Love the Pure and P2 and am working on a backup collection.

It's a sick obsession, but it's better than collecting hyper speed drivers (at least in my convoluted mind it is)!

Sales. I'll buy a disc that I don't even want just because it's on sale.

I know, I have a problem. :|

:D

That is very close to mine - a BARGAIN. I bought some discs on ebay because they were new 15-18 dollars discs that I got for 6-10 bucks.

I buy discs for all different reasons. If it's unbelievably pretty, if I don't think I'll be able to get it at that price again, or get it again in general, or if I think somebody else might want it which might help me get a disc that I want. It's a really painful habit at this point lol. For instance, I have a stack of Rocs and a stack of Teebirds, and I don't throw Rocs or Teebirds... I also have a new found fondness for gold discs, I don't know what it is about them, but that old gold pearly plastic just looks so nice on my wall. And once I have my mind set on getting a specific disc, then it's a mission until it's in my hands...

Latest posts