• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What percent Tour Series/Special Edition in your bag?

Percent average

• None....only stock for me....i aint no sucka

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • 25%

Votes: 38 40.4%
  • 50%

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • 75%

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I drink all the Koolaid....my discs are your fantasy

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Current bag:
'21 Wysocki Pro Pig
'20 Bloomros Luster Roc3
X-Line P2 (OOP plastic blend)
Echo Scorpius

In/Out depending on how I feel or for testing
'21 GG Halo Wraith
Sky God 3
'20 Heimburg Destroyer
ROG Gator
MF PD
Different SE plastic runs of Infinite Discs molds (Alpaca, Anubis, Pharaoh, Scepter, Slab) and Millennium molds (Mortar, Scorpius)

I have 'stock' replacements for all of these (and most will go in/out at different points)

Most of my bag is tour series/limited edition, If/when I lose the bagged disc and my backup of that disc they'll suck to replace, but in the meantime they're far cheaper than buying stock discs. My method is usually buy 4 tour series/pro discs, sell 2 and keep 2 to throw for negative money out of pocket. I usually like the tour series stamps more, but functionally, they don't fly any different.

I would like to wax poetic about all of my bagged OOP plastic, but Jay Dub will just laugh at me again for considering my 1990s XDs old.

22 discs bagged, 13 are "unique"

1- First Run Felon
2 - SE Evader
1 - Halo TB3
1 - 2017 Jen Allen Color Glow TB
1 - Barela Color Glow TB3
1 - Luster Leo3
2 - 2021 Tour Series Metallic Meteor
2 - 2021 Tour Series Metallic Wasp
2 - First Run Fossil LizWiz

I carry 10 discs, 8 molds and 2 are OOP. (Impact and Aero. The Aero is there just because I like it.)

When the OOPs are used up I have replacement molds lined up. (Making me wonder why I stopped bagging a Champ Leopard.)

Voted zero then I read the post..... I thought it was just about tour series and SE discs, which I dont own a single one of but I have a ton of old plastic.

My bag doesnt have any current runs in it. Everything is as least 2 years old with some being 15+ years old. I bag a lot of OOP because I stocked up on them while playing over the years and havent looked back. i could easily replace every disc in my bag with something from stock but I wouldnt be happy about it.

I putt with an 86 Softie
I also have 2 Ching Aviars from 1998, a beadless no tooling Aviar XD, CE Spider, Circle stamp Ontario mold Cobra, Ching Stingray, Rocs from 1989-1992.

Those are all currently in my bag. All my drivers and fairways are much more current.

A few I suppose. Currently a 2017 Sexton FB and 2020 Hammes Wasp.

As for OOP, I bag 2 VIP Northmen, Gold line Trident, VIP Stag and VIP-X Chameleon Stag.

Hard to replace. 2020 Crystal flx Zone, 2021 Ledgestone Z Nebula and a Cryztal flx Roach.

I could find suitable replacements for any of these probably. My Northmen and Trident would be the hardest. But I have backups for both.

I think my new plan is to have a bag with discs that cost no less that $40! If the cost is $100+ per disc that would be ideal!

Early SexyBirds, Yellow Vibram, Proto Star Destroyers!!!

:popcorn:

The only two I have in my bag that might count are a 2015 LE Ti Zone that I got in a misprint pack and a Luster Champion Leopard3. The Leopard3 is essentially the same as a Gibson TS disc but I don't think is particularly hard to replace. The Zone could be replaced by many of my other Zones. Actually, my stock Big Z Vultures (early run, seemingly more OS than current runs) might be the hardest to replace than any "LE" or "TS" discs. An ESP Surge from a 2016 misprint pack would also be very hard to replace these days.

I've certainly purchased many limited release discs over the years, but they tend not to make it into my bag. I think I do have an MJ 2018 Comet that I've never thrown. Things like Sexton Firebirds are fun to throw but have never replaced the stock Firebird that I bag.

While I've bought some tour discs, I don't bag any. It's rare that anything I throw is released as a tour disc.

I'm at 50% or so if you count OOP or first runs. I don't do it on purpose, I mostly buy stock discs in premium plastics. A few years go by and suddenly they're collectible.

I'm at 50% or so if you count OOP or first runs. I don't do it on purpose, I mostly buy stock discs in premium plastics. A few years go by and suddenly they're collectible.

Yeah I'm kinda in that boat, been selling my old junk for good money to finance more discs... :D like a 3rd MJ comet haha.. I'm kinda in the custom trap too. I like pretty discs, if it's less than $40 I'm bagging it. A lot of times when SE's come out I buy two or three, always in molds I throw. So one goes in the bag and the other is shelved for show until I need it. I also have a special weakness for Marm-O-Set and Zam.. If I have to pony up for shipping I have to buy 2-3 to make it worthwhile since shipping is like buying a 4th disc..

I also like picking up inked SE throwers. A quick glance in my bag from last week. SE and stock ohm, eclipse crave se, stock relay, eclipse se and custom plaz envy, se insanity, se tesla, Spidey Comet and stock Saturn comet. Hmmmm I guess I should have voted more than 50 percent... I musta been trying to impress someone haha.. Not!

Last edited: