• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter(s) are in your bag right now

What is your primary putter?

• Ching JuJu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ching Tank

• Ching other

• DGA Blowfly

• DGA other

• Discraft Challenger

• Discraft Banger GT

• Dicraft Magnet

• Discraft other

• Gateway Wizard

• Gateway other

• Innova Aviar

• Innova Birdie

• Innova Rhyno

• innova Aero/XD

• Innova Bulldog/Hydra

• innova other

• Lattitude 64

• Lightning

• Millineum Omega

• Millineum other

• Wham-O 86 Softie

• Wham-O other

• Other other

• Total voters
I use an old (10 years old) Soft Magnet as my approach disc, and I have a Super Soft Magnet (feels like a pancake) that I use for putting. The combo works great for me . It may seem weird that I use the same disc, but believe me ,my putter is super soft, and my approach is slightly overstable, and both work great.

Midnightbiker said:
I use an old (10 years old) Soft Magnet as my approach disc, and I have a Super Soft Magnet (feels like a pancake) that I use for putting. The combo works great for me . It may seem weird that I use the same disc, but believe me ,my putter is super soft, and my approach is slightly overstable, and both work great.

And you also think the Kingwood course is good............

used to be a challenger man.

now I use my FLX challenger for approach shots up to around 150 feet and I putt with a Elite-Z Magnet.

just an excelent putter in my experiences.

I voted Latitude, since I putt with a Grip Line Spike.

But I also throw Bulldogs and Aviars

I"m looking for a very understable putter that isn't as big (diameter) as my rippa. Would a sonic work for that and is max weight good?

The only "putter" I carry is an Aviar. But I putt with my Optimizer and my Aurora just as often as I do with the Aviar.

holy crap, I just came back and looked at the results...is the Wizard really that good? I have (many) Rhynos but I've been putting shitty recently and looking for an excuse to try something else... :lol:

GorillaTactics said:
holy crap, I just came back and looked at the results...is the Wizard really that good? I have (many) Rhynos but I've been putting shitty recently and looking for an excuse to try something else... :lol:

The wizard is more of a cult favorite but many of us find it to be significantly different. Heavier ones wont glide much (similar to your rhynos). An experienced player will be able to make any putter glide, so thats not an issue that bothers me. The wizard has a thinner flight plate (Which has been re tooled a few times since earlier runs) that gives a better feel, even in stiffer plastic (which I prefer). They are stable and long driving putters as well.

GorillaTactics said:
Wizards are good. I throw them. This poll is very skewed though. I don't think my game would be any different if I threw a KC Aviar, Challenger or Banger instead.

Switching over to a Wizard from another putter isn't going to make anyone shoot better scores, but it will at least ensure that you are throwing a disc that putts and drives off the tee as good as anything else out there.

yeah, i know there is no enchanted putter that will always do the right thing...I was just surprised so many people seem to have a boner for them considering Gateway seems to have a relatively small market share. Maybe I'll screw around with one next time I go to Disc Nation.

GorillaTactics said:
yeah, i know there is no enchanted putter that will always do the right thing...I was just surprised so many people seem to have a boner for them considering Gateway seems to have a relatively small market share. Maybe I'll screw around with one next time I go to Disc Nation.

Because they are better in almost every area compared to other putters and yes they are that good. They really shine when driving with them though.

GorillaTactics said:
...I was just surprised so many people seem to have a boner for them considering Gateway seems to have a relatively small market share.
Yeah, that's what has me laughing every time I look at the poll results. I'm as guilty as anyone of having a hard on for a Wizard though. I know this is true when I find myself buying them 5 at a time or more from other DGR members or ebay.

Rhynos are good. They put hair on your chest.

scoot_er said:
Because they are better in almost every area compared to other putters and yes they are that good. They really shine when driving with them though.
Yeah, it's a bunch of little improvements in several areas with no downside. It's as if you took an Aviar or Challenger, made it in better plastic and then made it just a little bit better at everything.

Honestly, the Rhyno is the only putter I've ever really used while playing rounds. It lets me know when I fuck up and I throw it OK, just wondering if the grass is greener on the other side of the basket :lol:

I can put the Rhynos out to around 280 when I really rip one well in the field or on a wide-ass-open shot, in most golf situations I usually don't throw it much over 200.... I reach for a Roc instead.

Now you guys have me all curious.

Latest posts