• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What throw(s) should I start trying to master next?

^^^ I want to see someone throw a turnover shot with my 12X FB without it fading.

^^^ I want to see someone throw a turnover shot with my 12X FB without it fading.

Height and angle! I use a 12x champ FB for turnover shots that need to flatten out all the time. It's possible, just needs the right angle.

this would be "oat" but on purpose, lol. For this shot I like to take something FB stable normal hyzer-flip run up but then roll my body over to be very open at the hit point while throwing the disc nose down/high and releasing slightly early almost like I was throwing a roller but releasing much sooner (2 angle throws become the next level of disc golf lines to master outside of hyzer/anhyzer/flat but really an advanced player concept and is how we see some of the pro's hit lines many of us dream of)

The flattening is the fade.

I would say the amount of fade the disc has, is WHY it is able to flatten and not cut roll etc.. not that the flattening out is fade because do we really consider shots which finish straight/flat/right ones with fade?

Not trolling at all just trying to make sense of it.

I see what you're saying, and we're in agreement. The LSS of the FB is what allows it to come out of the turn and land flat, or fight the OAT. Just because the disc doesn't turn left at the end of its flight, doesn't mean that that LSS is not evident.

Edit: Both the HSS and LSS allow for OAT fighting capabilities.

Last edited:
Besides putting mastery.. which is most important by far.. I'd say a consistent 275-300ft. FH. I've worked on it off and on for years.. and it finally clicked the last couple of months. Being proficient and confident with a BH and FH will bust your game wide open. It gives you so many more options.. helping you find the highest percentage line depending on wind, terrain, etc.

I see what you're saying, and we're in agreement. The LSS of the FB is what allows it to come out of the turn and land flat, or fight the OAT. Just because the disc doesn't turn left at the end of its flight, doesn't mean that that LSS is not evident.

Edit: Both the HSS and LSS allow for OAT fighting capabilities.

Just because it has quite a bit of LSS doesn't mean it still can't go right out of a turn. I have confidence that I could keep a FB turning for 90% of its flight..

The flattening is the fade.

Disagree. The flattening is panning, not a fade.

Back on topic.. Stalling shots are always a good one to have in the arsenal. Turn to stall and flat to stall. Had to use both multiple times at BRP today. Like a lot of others said, rollers are a very useful shot also. Had to used that one to save a par 5 today too.

Last edited: