• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first ever disc? Do you still have it or throw it?

I started with a star beast 169. I lost it in an open field years ago,pretty sure someone picked it up. I still throw the beast but ive learned a lot since then.

Yellow DX Cheetah- gone in a pond many years later
Green Upshot Putter- gave it away

If only those 2 could see my collection now...

DX Archangel - lost after a disastrous drive, searched for it several separate days, no luck. Bought another just for the nostalgia.

DX Roc - beat to bits, but still exists in somewhat round form

Here is my first disc. I bought it at the Gas Pipe here in Austin back in 1992 because I liked the stamp. Still have it hanging on the wall.

Elite X Crush and Soft Magnet, still have both (although I have spent a lot of time looking for that Magnet). The Crush is my main Thumber disc, just took the Magnet out of the bag, replaced by a Ridge.

2011-07-14_09-41-14_564.jpg

My first disc was a yellow 175g innova cobra. It was from the first time I ever went out to play in 1995 and it ended up being one of the "biggest disc golf weekend" events. I still have it and it is still totally a part of my bag. I'll get a picture of it up here when I'm not at work.
With the photos of the cobra. Also made me realize that my start date when I signed up for the site was wrong.

Attachments

• cobra 1.jpg
    cobra 1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cobra 2.jpg
    cobra 2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 2
  • cobra 3.jpg
    cobra 3.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 2
Surprised I'm the first one to post that started with the Innova Starter Kit - Aviar, Shark, Leopard all 150 DX. I don't use them anymore but I can't get my wife to use anything but those. She loves her green Leopard!!

My next disc was a white DX Beast with a rainbow stamp. It still was my go-to driver till last week when I grip-locked it into the water on #2 at the NSWC couse in VA. :( :(

^^this

Started with the same starter kit - all 150 - and the next disc I purchased was a used DX Beast. Still have the Aviar and Shark. The Beast also was my first ace disc - and lost it on a hole (pond) where I had no business throwing a Beast on.

Millenium JLS...150g...lol, had no idea what i was doing...and I lost it FAST.

1 1/2 years later, playing a round with people I met (Hate playing alone) and this girl sees the mark I put on my disc and shows me the 150g I lost...she said "Why are you throwing 150g?" I said I was new then and didn't know any better. Obviously, I let her keep the disc...turned out it was her favorite one...

Last edited:
DX Spider-traded for Champ Orc
DX Skeeter- Still have (Bought the skeeter because my Girlfriends dog is named skeeter)

A couple months later I got the innova starter set.
DX leopard- Still have
DX shark- Gave to a friend for getting my new champ Orc out of some nasty water
DX aviar- Letting a friend borrow it

Latest posts