• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do for a 100ft putt?

What putt would you use

• Jump putt

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Stretching out

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • throwing it up to the pin

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • other

Votes: 25 21.0%

• Total voters
I like that. inever really have tried a jump putt. I played idlewild and on hole 10 i mumbled to my self "this is going in. someone should get a video camera." It was 150+ putt and it went in. I used an aviar p & a

I'm a big fan of throwing up. :\

In a casual round, I'd definitely go for it with a jumper. I'm confident that I can make the comeback. If in a tourney, it'd depend on how I'm doing. If it's for birdie, then I'd consider going for it. If I wanted to give it a chance but have an easy comeback, I'd do what Omega said.

Last edited:
Jump lob putt.

For a second there, I thought I was going to have to answer "sodomize elf balls" when I Isaw the title. Like what would you do for a Klondike bar.

If it's down hill behind the basket I back hand stall putt. If it's all flat I'll back hand annie. If it's down hill to the pin I'll jump putt. If there's a screen, hill or something behind the pin I'll back hand annie. ...I guess that's "other".

I'm new enough to not know different putting styles yet. My current style, is to go direct to the basket, and, at close range, that sometimes leaves me with a longer putt than original. That being said, from 100ft, it depends on the location. If it's on a mound, or has woods/hazards directly behind it, I'd park it as close as I could for a safe par. If it's pretty clear around the basket, I go for broke.

David

I would try a jump put if it was a little closer, as for now, I have not reached 100 ft on a jump putt. So I guess I would throw my putter with a fan grip.

In a casual round, I'd definitely go for it with a jumper. I'm confident that I can make the comeback. If in a tourney, it'd depend on how I'm doing. If it's for birdie, then I'd consider going for it. If I wanted to give it a chance but have an easy comeback, I'd do what Omega said.

If that 100 footer wasn't for birdie you really screwed that hole up eh?

100 footer is well out of my 5% range (that's about 60 feet.) I think I've hit only 4 shots outside of 100 feet ever. It's pretty low percentage. I would say you should always lay it up in this situation. Every now and then, you'll accidentally throw a bit too hard and it'll go in, probably at about the same percentage as you could put it in TRYING to do it. So I'd say throw an approach shot aiming to hit the ground about 10 feet in front of the pin and slide it in for a drop in par.

100 ft isn't a putt IMO (keep in mind i suck)

i'd try to up an approach that left me an easy (much shorter) putt

Lots of these type questions leave out the enviornment, landscape and weather conditions. However, with all things being flat and clear, there is nothing wrong with throwing a floater at the chains at that distance.