• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do?

what would you do?

• give it back

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • keep it

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
Make sure you tell him to not say that he doesn't look for his discs when people call.
mad-877.gif

Just give this one back, but tell him he should look for his discs. I'd also tell him if you find another one of his discs and feel it could've been easily found you're gonna take as much effort in calling him and he would looking for a disc.

make a treasure map for him, and tell him he has to search for it. then maybe he will learn how to search more effectively/be less lazy

I have actually done something like this several times. I call from the course as soon as possible. Instead of leaving the park with the disc, I hide it and tell him where it is hidden.

This is so much easier than going out of both of our way to make the exchange.......and much less expensive with the price of gas these days.

so that is why you are prerube's hero

EDIT: I hope you are okay with namedropping

I'm cool with it, I just know that losing plastic sucks, I can't believe so many people are voting to keep this disc.

I think the guy does not deserve it back, but still it should be returned
If someone decided not to return it I could understand their decision, but personally i would hand it back muttering about the guy being a douche.

Of course you should return the disc is you already called. If this happens in the future, I like the idea of calling before you leave the course and hiding it...that's brilliant.

It's a little surprising that this thread was even started...is it a nice disc that you really just want to keep?
Are you really Katana in disguise???

If the guy doesn't look for his discs, then I can't imagine he is expecting to get many of them back. Most of the kids who play around here wouldn't return a disc even if it had a # and they knew there was money in it.

Give the guy his disc back so that he can donate it to a scrub who goes to the course to drink beer a little ways down the road.

Of course you should return the disc is you already called. If this happens in the future, I like the idea of calling before you leave the course and hiding it...that's brilliant.

It's a little surprising that this thread was even started...is it a nice disc that you really just want to keep?
Are you really Katana in disguise???

its a star xcal 7/10 and no its not a disc that I like. If I held onto it I would trade it but I'm going to give it back. :thmbup:

The question of "Is the owner of the disc a <insert insult here>?" is totally not the issue. Heck, most of the people on the planet are <insert insult here>'s in one way or another, as this thread kinda demonstrated. The question is "was the owner of the disc a <insert insult here> *to* you?"

I mean, you still would have gone to the effort of retrieving that disc regardless.. You can't typically identify who's disc it is before climbing into the brambles, so they're not forcing you to do extra work. The issue, then, is about how much effort should you go to in returning it. If the person hasn't been a <insert insult here> *to* you, I would put just as much/little effort into returning the disc as you usually would.

You folks really think dude was being serious?
I imagine every golfer gives at least a lil search on dry, safe land. He was prob stoned and thought it was funny.

Give it back.

Don't ever base your personal integrity on the actions of others. If it's your personal rule to always return a disc if you can, then return it. Basing the decisions you make on the actions of others only serves to complicate matters, and blur lines that shouldn't be.

This...

Return it. Every time I return a disc, without fail I end up getting a call within a week from someone who found one of mine. That being said I'll echo past comments and say that I would never leave a disc behind without a good 15 minute search and don't understand this guy's attitude

I like the "throw it in the woods" or treasure map ideas personally. But since you already called and everything, just give the lazy toolbag his disc.

The point of Karma: not doing something because of the "Karma" associated with it. :|

Don't ever base your personal integrity on the actions of others. If it's your personal rule to always return a disc if you can, then return it. Basing the decisions you make on the actions of others only serves to complicate matters, and blur lines that shouldn't be.

Quoted for truth. :thmbup:

First off, what a douche. I can totally understand not wanting to give it back, and honestly I don't know what I would do. I think if the douche in question is willing to meet me at my next round or whatever I would return it, but I don't know that I would go out of my way or make a special trip to return it.

I also like the guys above approach of putting it back.

either of these.

the next round I played at that course he could meet me there or I can put the disc back where it was.

Its always awkward meeting up with someone on a lost disc meet up, because you never know if the person is a DB or not. In this case you already know so, to break the ice right before you are about to hand it over. Turn around and rip the disc as far as you can the opposite direction (preferably into thorn bush). then politely say have a nice day.

Latest posts