• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you throw???

Amp or GL Core. Depending on how I feel that day.

Throwing the slowest/lowest category of disc you can is always in your best interest assuming you can throw the disc the distance of the hole with a fair amount of consistency.

Not always.

I routinely throw 100'-200' shots with a Flick. Better skips than a putter. I also throw a Drone from short ranges on spike hyzers; it's more stable than any putters I've thrown, and the added speed also helps it be as spikey as possible.

Not always.

Im so glad someone else said this, I was going to but then decided not to. And yea there are plenty of times where I will throw a firebird on holes 250 and less. Got one course where I am now with a hole that is 119' and I throw a firebird.

Hyzer flip a light leopard. If wind is a factor, probably a Saint on a hyzer.

From OPs bag I'd throw the F2 and then a shot for science with the Eagle to compare 'em.

From my own bag I'd throw a flat DX Roc or my well seasoned 12x TB for an ace run. :D I'll be 20' short with the Roc and at least 20' long with the TB.

On the internet I'd throw a putter about 37% power for my 45' come-backer for a par 2.

In a real life I'd throw a roadrunner.

Dude I'm throwing my ESP Comet all Day long for this hole. It would go straight down the middle with a very small fade at the end. :thmbup:

Seeing as how I throw primarily RHFH, Discraft Zombee, hyzer with some power to turn it over. Or a Buzzz, hyzer with power.

I throw a star Tbird super straight! Then I got a beat in star teebird kinda flippy. Champ Valk is a great in between disc. Also I throw a champion leopard big S or hyzer flip. I love my fairway drivers!!

Under 350' I throw mids or a putter. I would throw a Roc3 at this...Maybe even a Pa1 depending on how it looks on the teepad.

For you though, if you don't quite have the distance yet, your Escape should be PERFECT for that shot!

I've been working on my fairway drivers. In my newbie days I would just load my bag up with high speed drivers close my eyes throw and wish for the best. I"m a little over a year and a half into disc golf and i've learned the importance of disc selection and discing down. I'm currently working through what fairway drivers I want to carry in my bag. I'm looking for straight and consistent. Here is what I tested out today; Champ Eagle, Opto Saint, F2, Escape, Vip Stag, and Star Valk. I've uploaded a pic of the shots i'm looking to make with these disc. It's a 310 foot drive with the pin slightly back to the left. The line is not to tight but you have to make a decent shot to get it there.

When it comes to slightly stable to slightly understable discs, I have a bit more side to side and wing angle accuracy with faster discs. If I have the headroom, I'll throw higher and slightly less stable (or wing up) to reduce the distance a faster disc might go so as to not blow by the basket.

It looks like a beat, star lepoard thown on the level and just skirting under the canopy would S-turn and land soft enough under the basket. Even if you ran it for an ace and kissed the chains, you'd have less than a 15' putt.

Looks like a hole that many discs would work great one. Depending on ones power Id choose anything from a Buzzz, Roc or Axis to a teebird, eagle, volt, zombee. If the person is LHBH then Leopard, River, or Buzzz all day.

Latest posts