• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What!?

ZDotHalbach

Eagle Member
So today I was having my usual solo round at Kiwanis Park in New Holstein WI. I was golfing like I usually do couple birdies couple pars no big deal. Until I step up to hole 5 tee pad when I pull out my 135g Blizzard Boss to throw a smoot hyzer on the 285' hole. I realease my shot just a hair late and it goes out over a small tree until the wind picks up to correct my shot to account for the bad realease. (The temperature today was around 90 with a steady 15mph wind.) Anyway back to my shot. It was out on such a nice smooth hyzer and then chains it was in the basket for less than a second and it came out the bottom of all places the bottom!!! It was so gummy that it managed to squeak through the tray and land on the ground 3 inches away from the pin. Is this an ace or just a metal hit? This wouldn't bother me except the fact that I aced the next hole! So is this back to back aces or a metal hit and then an ace?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post!

wow, idk. i will be interested to hear what the ruling is.

If you saw it go through the bottom of the basket I would think it could be an ace. (Grabbing Rule)

Not sure where it is in ruling but paragraph here explains.

The orange wedgie is now NOT IN if the group observed it wedge from the outside. If the group did not see it or watched it clear the top basket wire then wedge on the way out, it is IN.

Assuming a wedge a a complete pass through would be the same.

Last edited:
But looking above the part I quoted

The orange disc balancing on the rim, which used to be considered IN, is now considered OUT in the 2011 rules because the disc is not entirely supported by the pole, inner wall or bottom of the basket.

Probably out.

Last edited:
Ok probably a good thing it wasn't an ace because my friends would not believe that I got 2 aces in a row because they have a tough time believing me when I get one hahaha. Thanks for the help guys!

I think you're stuck with a deuce, I don't think there's any way what you've described could be argued to fit the first two sentences of the definition of being holed out.

B. Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc
and it must come to rest supported by the chains and/or the inner cylinder (bottom and
inside wall) of the tray. It may be additionally supported by the pole. A disc observed by two
or more players of the group or an official to have entered the target below the top of the
tray or above the bottom of the chain support is not holed out.

Congrats on the ace(s?), I still have yet to get one. I think I saw you at the tourney in oshkosh last weekend, I played Int and tied for 4th.

you shouldnt be throwing a blizz boss on a hole thats less than 300' if you're on dgcr. should've been a comet or a putter.

*sarcasm*

I've taken the td test and seen this happen in a tourney and if it comes out the bottom but u saw it enter from the top it's an ace. It's an ace, 100 percent sure.

I've taken the td test and seen this happen in a tourney and if it comes out the bottom but u saw it enter from the top it's an ace. It's an ace, 100 percent sure.

Agree, but, the rule does say "2 or more players" for it going in through the side of the cage???

Agree, but, the rule does say "2 or more players" for it going in through the side of the cage???

That's for tournament play to get someone else to confirm it. For casual play, it doesn't matter how many people see it, if you know it was in the basket and came back out through the side or bottom, it still counts.

If it is not permitted to come into the basket through the bottom portion of the basket, then it would stand to reason that it would not be allowed to exit through these openings..

Two Aces.

My guess is that this is not an ace, because the disc didn't come to rest in the basket. It wasn't at rest until it was on the ground beneath the basket. It's the equivalent of a spit-out. But I would settle for a metal hit and an ace any round! :clap:

Latest posts