• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's like a Breeze?

luckless_pedestrian

Eagle Member
Saw a guy playing recently with a Discraft Breeze. He raved about it and made some great shots with it. So, since it's OOP, I'm wondering what is similar to it?

According to inbounds: Fuse, Panther, Tangent, and Comet are similar in flight characteristics.

hmmm. how about a beat up DX roc ....or a Z Buzzz with some chunks gone from the wing
I remember finding a Z breeze on the course and tossing it around...finding the name to be appropriate because its really really easy to throw it with hyzer and make it go straight. because of the wing shape on the breeze being similar to a Meteor, I would say a beat up Meteor is close, too.

The Breeze was super flippy. It would have to be a very light and understable Fuse to be as touchy as a Breeze. It would be lighter but a Pearl could be similar. Aero, Kite, something along those lines.

Check out the Westside Tursas.

Don't be discouraged by understable discs. They can be finessed to do so many things.

Check out the Westside Tursas.

Don't be discouraged by understable discs. They can be finessed to do so many things.

They help me from getting jerky during a round. Smooth is far........................................................................................

The Breeze is a unique disc...closest to a domey XD. It was understable, but slow turning. It was also smaller diameter than most mids. I really like/liked them because although they started out nice and understable they didn't really break in with the Z plastic, so they were dependable. I've got a handful of Breeze aces...Understable does not equal touchy, and the Breeze is not too touchy (nothing like a beat dx disc).

My buddy replaced one he found with a star skeeter... I like throwing his skeeter it reminds me of what DS describes above regarding understable and touchy which I always hated about discs like the stingray, light GL fuses, etc they reallllllllly glide off their lines.

Similar to a Breeze.

Discraft Comet and MVP Tangent are about as spot on as it gets.

A bit faster than the Breeze is the Latitude 64 Fuse and Discraft Buzzz SS.

Just a touch more OS and faster than the Breeze is the Prodigy M4.

A bit further away is the Innova Skeeter (faster/more OS), Gateway Element (faster/more OS), Innova Panther (faster), and Discraft Meteor (more US)

All will play roughly the same role in the bag, will fly very similarly, but will have their own nuances.

Latest posts