• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you'd pay for a bag?

Most you'd spend on a bag...

• $50

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • $100

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • $200

Votes: 102 37.5%
  • $300

Votes: 60 22.1%
  • $400

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • $500+

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
When making the poll, I didn't account for all the hobos in our midst. :p

Haha...that is your demographic. Most of these hobos play because it is a cheap activity. That is also the reason we have such a bad public image....you have all the trappings of poverty displayed for the world to see. The even worst part is the people on here are the most committed to the sport and willing to spend the most. Disc golf has no mainstream future as long as disc golfers are the ones playing it. :D

Haha...that is your demographic. Most of these hobos play because it is a cheap activity. That is also the reason we have such a bad public image....you have all the trappings of poverty displayed for the world to see. The even worst part is the people on here are the most committed to the sport and willing to spend the most. Disc golf has no mainstream future as long as disc golfers are the ones playing it. :D

Just speculating, but from a business POV, free dg keeps the non-spending riff-raff out of the malls. Might try using that angle to get sponsors ...

The most I *have* spent on a bag was $50 for a DGA Elite Shield bag. The most I *would* spend on a bag(assuming I had money and played a lot more) is around $200 or so; however much the Prodiscus jetpack costs. It's a sweet bag.

$200 here...only because one day I will own a GB Simian. Once my daughter is old enough to really enjoy coming with me all that extra storage will be great.

Totally personal.

Bags in the triple digit range quickly start to lose their appeal for me. As the price goes up past this point, the "features" get relatively smaller, while the price gets higher.

The difference between starter bags to intermediate bags is a large disc capacity for the most part.

The moving on to advanced bags, is increased capacity and side storage, with options for bag straps.

Moving to premium bags typically grants larger side storage and a "bit" more disc capacity.

Moving to backpacks has no increase in capacity, but a better weight distribution.

Moving to top-of-the-line bags gets you a bit more disc capacity, better materials, a bit more side storage, and all the straps, clips, pencil holders, zippers, velcro your heart could desire.

This doesn't exactly hold true in all cases, but seems to be pretty typical. I like to maximize disc capacity with reasonable side storage. I don't plan on carrying enough gear to go camping. Just wallet, keys, phone, towel, pencil, and if cold hoodie, gloves, hat. Most $50-75 bags can cover that. All the other, small features just don't interest me enough to warrant that increased cost.

Playing for 5 years, pretty consistently. About once a week in the winter, and 4-6 times a week in the fall/summer/spring and competing at tourneys. Currently using Innova Competition bag without straps. Even taking my game pretty seriously, I don't see the need to upgrade past this unless I was going to spend WAY more time at tourneys, then I'd probably grab straps and a seat, that's all.

^ Excellent summary!
For me it's about comfort. Not just for a single round, but for trips where you play 2-4 rounds a day, and you don't know when you'll be back to that place (if ever). The Grip A is the most comfortable bag I've ever worn, and goes on/off easier than my Cabela bag, especially when I'm wearing layers. No doubt in my mind I feel better during those later rounds, which makes it easier to enjoy the game. Yes it's prricey, and if I were just playing 1-2 rounds at local courses, I don't think I'd had bought it. But given what I spend on gas and other expenses to play distant courses, it's really not that much. It's a one time expense that pays dividends every time I play, especially on multi-round days. Don't think I'll be buying another bag for a long time... that's my hope, at least.

I don't plan on carrying enough gear to go camping. Just wallet, keys, phone, towel, pencil, and if cold hoodie, gloves, hat. Most $50-75 bags can cover that. All the other, small features just don't interest me enough to warrant that increased cost.

took the words right out of my mouth. some people have enough stuff in their bag where they are prepared for every natural disaster possible and a chance to survive a few hours of an apocalypse

took the words right out of my mouth. some people have enough stuff in their bag where they are prepared for every natural disaster possible and a chance to survive a few hours of an apocalypse
I had a supercheap Lightning bag for years. I think they sold for $30 or $35; mine was a demo they sent me when they wanted us to carry them in the shop so I got it for free. That thing had so much storage space in it that it was crazy. I stopped carrying it becasue it didn't hook up well with quads; I still have a hard time reducing the amount of crap I carry to fit in my bag becasue I got used to being able to carry the kitchen sink with me.

Only one drink holder, though. :\ The only thing about the Fade bag I have now that I'd have to have in my next bag is the two drink holders. I have no idea how I survived with one drink holder all those years.

I traded for a DISCarrier bag that I seldom use. It's too big to carry for my casual rounds with friends. I prefer the Deluxe bag or my Crunch Box. Since these bags serve my purposes and they're under $50, that's all I'll spend.

I think the backpack bags are outrageously priced. I would never spend over probably $80 on a bag, but I actually traded 4 discs for my discarrier.

Voted 100$ but it is less actually. I have really old Innova bag (can't remember the model) + Phenix straps.

But this summer I'm buying new bag. It's probably 200$ then.

Obviously, the answer is $176, including S&H.
Back when I started playing, I remember seeing my buddy's Revo Carolina and thinking that $135 was WAAAAAAYYYY too much for a bag. Five years later I bought the Grip-EQ on the Wednesday before Black Friday for $176 (first day it was on sale). I must've hesitated all of five mintes before jumping on that sale.

Voted $200, 'cause that was the nearest amount.

2 years ago I bought a used Innova Deluxe bag with straps and shipping for $40. I just purchased a used Innova Competition bag with strap and shippping for $45. I"d rather save my $$ to spend on discs or my kids

I've bought new a Ranger and Grip via the holiday sale. With all the nice bags out you can get a lot of bag for around $200. If the Grip wasn't on sale I probably would not have pulled the trigger on it.

2 years ago I bought a used Innova Deluxe bag with straps and shipping for $40. I just purchased a used Innova Competition bag with strap and shippping for $45. I"d rather save my $$ to spend on discs or my kids

This. IMO a bag is just a means of transporting disc. A $200+ bag is not going to help my game any more than a 2nd hand $40 bag.