• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the worst part of your game?

What part of your game needs the most improvement?

• Driving

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • Midrange shots

Votes: 28 8.5%
  • Approach shots

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • Putting

Votes: 148 45.1%

• Total voters
midranges, altho ive been throwing magnets at them now, and i have had alot of success, until i threw it in the water lol

My short game <midrange through putting> is usually where I'm "on".....it's my drives that usually will get me in the most trouble. If it is shorter, technical holes, I'm usually comfortable and drive well, when I have to "crank it" on my drive because it is a longer hole <500+ feet> is where I tend to screw up....I'm basically out of my "comfort" zone. Most of the time if I do screw up on my drive, I have several tricks in my bag for a good upshot, and a chance to save par, or bogey. I'm hoping I'll get better at longer holes...just need to keep practicing on my distance drives.

I still have a hard time determining between mid and approach shots. I mean, If I cannot reach it to make it an approach shot with my mid, I would be throwing a driver. So mids, approaches, and mix in the fact I use my putter for approaching a lot like a long putt and there becomes a lot of gray area.

If I could only improve one part of my game it would be driving. Accuracy and distance. This does not mean that the rest of my game is pro caliber.

Second I would put putting.

And I hear ya Tech. So many folks are adamant in scoring EVERYTHING as a par 3. So in this regard if you aren't driving or putting then... What is that 2nd shot called? I don't keep my score that way, but the overwhelming majority of holes I play are par 3s. If I'm less than 30 feet it's a putt. More than 30 it's an approach.

All of my game could use improvement. But I'm much happier with my mid/fairway/approach & putting than I am with my driving.

distance, distance, distance!!

lol I always have the urge for distance but that would be more "Wow! That was an awesome drive." but putting and approaching I think would actually help my score.

My worst part isn't on the list, I can do it all perfectly, I just can't do it consistently. Every round of golf I play I have at least 2 or 3 perfect drives, approach shots and putts, the thing is it takes a hell of a lot more that 2-3 of each per round to score well and be a champ.
But if I had to choose from the list provided I would have to say driving only because I could use more distance.

Driving. I'm all over the place. Some days I throw 200', some days 250', and everyone once in a while I'm chcuking 300+'. By necessity my mid range and putting games have gotten better.

As for me, it's consistency with the drives. My approach & putts are usually pretty decent, but I have difficulty staying consistent with the drives. I throw all drives RHFH & my approaches are RHBH / RHFH depending on distance... I have a bad backhand throw & get very little distance... only used for short throws. I also have problems when I buy discs for myself. Discs that I find, given to me, or purchased for me all seem to work better than what I pick for myself... go figure.

Certainly room for improvement in all areas, but the worse part is putting for me, I have my good days from time to time, but anything over 15ft, I'm inconsistent. Some days I'm nailing 20-25ft putts all day, some days can't even hit metal from that distance. Anything over 25ft, very low percentage for me. I know if I'm going to lower my scores, that I'm going to have to really work on making more putts.

Driving. I'm all over the place. Some days I throw 200', some days 250', and everyone once in a while I'm chcuking 300+'. By necessity my mid range and putting games have gotten better.

That is why you hit an open field and work on your drives. I did that yesterday for 2 hours. I relized I was not putting any snap on my drives. After doing that, I started throwing over 300ft, which I hardly ever do, and I threw my Star Coyote 260 ft which has never happened before.

I think I would probably knock at least 10 strokes off per round if I worked on my putting more. Right now, it practically has to be a drop in for me to feel any confidence in my putt.

There aren't enough poll options. I would have to say my mental game.

I cannot throw a driver consistantly. I think I get teepaditis. I have thrown over 400 feet downhill, I parked (overthrown parked) a 386' hole flat (sign measurement) on a course I have never played before. I probably only throw about 240' well, 280 to some ability. After that, it's on luck where it end up. I like to grip lock a lot in tourney. I try to throw to hard. Trying to slow it down all the time. I getting a couple good drives to start a round and then I think faster/harder is better. For Example, Shot +1 (28) on a nine hole today. Ace ran and overdrove the first basket. That caused a horrible drive on hole 2 (shot a 4)and turning over a Wasp on hole 3's drive (shot a 3). Then I settled back down. Stupid brain.

My approach is unreal most of the time. Putting is money. I can hang with the best of them. Overall grade: B- casual course, D championship caliber.

the throwing part of my game is pretty shotty, but other than that i'm all-star caliber.

Better putting would improve my score more than anything. I still need a practice basket.

I voted putting, but I not very good at anything. I figure better putting will make the most difference. Too bad there wasn't an option for hitting less trees. That's where my game needs the most improvement.

Putting! My drivers are flat and accurate, so even though they rarely see much further than 300, they do what I want em to do. Mids are money. When I win, it's due to the mids. Putting is usually painful though switching from challenger to magnet I gained range. Drivin with putters seems to increase my cofidence in putters though my mids are missin a lil attention due to it