• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's with this "Don't nice me bro" stuff?

If someone gave me any crap for that I would/will put them in the hospital.

I can't wait for the day someone gives me crap cause we got alot of cholla cactus here in the desert and would gladly slam their face in one.

Oh how I wish you'd come here and try that...

Take your anger issues elsewhere.

I can't wait for the day someone gives me crap cause we got alot of cholla CACTI here in the desert and would gladly slam their face in one.

FTFY... I understand that in Arizona you just say cactus if it's just one or 29 cactuses. But everywhere else, we say cacti. (FWIW, I had to override the autocorrect on my iPhone for cactuses. Damn, did it again.)

I don't get it. I've played ball golf for 20 years and taught for the last 10 years. When I see a great shot I say "Shot" which is short for nice shot. If someone gave me any crap for that I would/will put them in the hospital. Maybe nobody has said anything because they know I mean it and I don't compliment very often.

I can't wait for the day someone gives me crap cause we got alot of cholla cactus here in the desert and would gladly slam their face in one.

What's wrong with saying "Don't say that because it bugs me?" If they do it again, sure, now you can throw down.

nice post bro.

Of course I blame the person who "niced" my shot before it landed and made it hit a tree.

It's definitely NOT my fault!

:\ :p

I don't get it. I've played ball golf for 20 years and taught for the last 10 years. When I see a great shot I say "Shot" which is short for nice shot. If someone gave me any crap for that I would/will put them in the hospital. Maybe nobody has said anything because they know I mean it and I don't compliment very often.

What's wrong with saying "Don't say that because it bugs me?" If they do it again, sure, now you can throw down.

search

Last edited:
It's without a doubt the dumbest thing in our sport. It's stupid superstition that people get seriously upset about.

If you think that my voice has the ability to change the flight of your disc, then you are a complete moron. It's really that simple.

Maybe the "don't nice me bro!" Originated from the "don't taze me bro" phrase,and maybe we as disc golfers are fascinated with the flight of the disc, more than where it will end up, so we see a "nice" flight, and say it. Then because most of us are a bunch of fun-loving, carefree guys that like to joke, we say "you niced me, lol", and we all laugh at the coincidence that someone said "nice", and then the disc goes where we don't expect it to go. I could be wrong, but I imagine you need to play more disc golf to get rid of your anger issues. :)

Last edited:
Nice shot is too long it has to be shortened to "shot"?

If someone I was playing with felt the need to say shot when they thought I made a nice shot it would get me so angry I'd push their face into the ground and use a driver as a hatchet! argh broseph.

I don't know I was trying to match your hulk rage in the OP. I do think that's ridiculous you say "shot" I'd laugh at you.

Nice shot is too long it has to be shortened to "shot"?

If someone I was playing with felt the need to say shot when they thought I made a nice shot it would get me so angry I'd push their face into the ground and use a driver as a hatchet! argh broseph.

I don't know I was trying to match your hulk rage in the OP. I do think that's ridiculous you say "shot" I'd laugh at you.

i am going to smash you with a goddamn cactus.

Latest posts