• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your money middy?

thinknic

What is your sure-fire mid-range disc? And perhaps a story of that one super-long putt.

I pack a Discraft Buzz-D. I like it because it has zero fade, it's just a laser beam if you get the right snap on it. Yesterday, I was at Red Rocks and dunked one in from a little over 100ft and it gave me a body buzz all day long. :D

I wonder if anyone will say they like a Roc?

I rock out with my Roc out!!! One beat up KC pro, one new KC, and a Super Roc. What's not to love?

I love all my mids, my 3 favorite (can't choose one) are KC Pro Roc, Star Shark, and FLX Buzzz.

I think I own 15 rocs lol...

How can you not like em'? They float like the wind. Wind that likes metal baskets.

You wanna talk money, This midrange rolls on dubs

173g ESP Nebula (2008 Ace Race Disc).
I love how predictable it is. The flight path it takes has alot more to do with release angle than speed, so I can crank on it without worrying about it flipping over, as long as i throw it without too much anny. It has a great fade on the end that i love. It always comes back. Just the right amount of glide, doesnt go all floaty like the roc, but I can still throw it as far as a roc, and much more accurately due to the predictable flight.

Longest putt made....last month, a 240ft ACE, blind dogleg right through the trees.

I won a $200 Ace pool with that shot. Now THATS a $money$ midrange.:cool:

I have three backups, just in case...

Right now my money mid is my Star Skeeter at 172g. It is my only disc to get an Ace and I feel like I have a ton of control over what I can make the disc do.

I'd like to get a Buzz at some point and I would like to try a Cro next.

the most predictable disc i've ever had was a Ching Sniper. on a good day i could park that disc right where i wanted it. alas it has seen one to many trees in it's day. since it's OOP i'm currently looking for a stand-in. currently in the batters box i have a roc, and a buzz. we'll see who wins.

but i really need to give a shout out to another disc. my Ching Stinger is my get out of jail free card. there have been a number of times where i have needed some type of trick shot and i just seem to find some magical line that does what i need with this disc. it is OOP also. and i don't know what i'll do if i ever loose this disc.

I have to go with my Elite Z Buzz as well. I just put one in from about 90 feet out at our local league Sunday morning. It is quite the exhilarating feeling.

I think my Gator is most predictable if there's not much overhead or right side coverage. There's no floating off way past the basket. It also replaces my Rhyno when it's REALLY windy out.

When I first got my Stingray it was great and very predictable, hit a 100+ shot with it one my first outing. Now that it's a little older it's not so predictable and I'm thinking I need to get a new one.

169g Star Skeeter, glide for days, can chuck it out to 300' with a nice tail wind. But I have hit more long putts with a 180g Roc so go figure.

Champ Leopard for longer mid-range shots, Champ Shark for those shots just outside of my comfort zone throwing a putter. I've never put either one in the basket, but I have parked both of them quite a few times. The Leopard has actually ended up leaning on the pole a couple of times, and I've banged the Shark off the top ring of a DiscCatcher basket, so one of them is destined to hit the chains before long.

I'd have to agree with the Champ Leopard, 150g. It does everything I ask of it and it's banged off a pipe for an ace on a short, blind par 3. The only time it stays in the bag are mid range shots in a stiff head wind. But for me it's money other wise. Most of my holed out shots from over 50 feet (not that there's been a lot of them :eek:) have come with the Leopard. One of these days I'll get around to buying one or 2 in some funky colors. Both of mine are tie dyed in almost chameleon like colors.

My main midrange is a Ace Race ESP Impact. Flies dead straight, almost 0 fade, and great glide. I almost made a 150ft shot on Sunday. I threw it just a little high, because it went right over the top of the basket.

Like many have said before I really like my FLX Buzz. I actually started out with a DX Leopard as my fairway driver/long midrange. I lost it a while ago but am thinking about replacing it with a Star Leopard for a long straight get out of trouble driver.

Love all of my middys but especially the Buzz molds. I have a FLX, Z, and Pro D version. The FLX has been the one thats most money for me. But if I need something more stable than that my Shockwave has been good to me.

I have an Elite-X Buzzz that I love and use for most mid-range shots, but when I need a shot to go straight for a ways and then fade left (RHBH) the Buzzz just won't do that, which is why I have complimented my Buzzz with a Drone. I use the Buzzz for straight shots, anhyzers, gentle turn-overs and even continuous hyzer angled shots, but it just won't go straight and then have a nice fade to the left. Luckily, the Drone excells at this shot and what's great about it is that unlike a driver that would have the same fade, the Drone won't skip off 50' to the left after landing-- instead, it usually slides for about 10-15' forward.

Latest posts