• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your money middy?

Any Buzzz!

Ive hit chains from over 100 ft. many times with my old Pro-D Buzzz. I now use an ESP Buzzz, but I like FLX too.

My favorite mid used to be my SuperColor Buzzz. Great looking disc, and holds a turnover perfectly. But lately I've returned to my Roc. It's consistent. Today I throw a R-Pro Dart over and over again--and it has a great flight. Technically a putter, so not a mid-range, but I'm starting to dig it.

Right now, it's my 180 DX Ontario Roc. Last week i hit the shot of my life with it, 135-ish away. I also use my 148 DX Shark for long putts and short approaches.

I've gotten to the point where I only throw drivers and putters for the most part. I figure the most common holes are 300'+/- right? After a drive all I have to do is approach so why not pull out the putter. If it is a longer hole I will throw a driver knowing what it does for me at full throw. It seems that it has the same flight characteristics but really exaggerated when thrown a slower speeds. I know that this is not the way pros play but it works for me at the moment. Ask me again tomorrow and I will have a different answer.

i recently picked up a 172 dx cro and its becoming my favorite middy. i can throw it really straight and its got a short, predictable fade. i tend to break out my 180 dx wolf on windy days. i've also got a 168 dx roc but i still haven't figured it out yet. the only time i use it right now is for hyzer shots. everyone seems to love those things so i keep it in my bag - i guess i should work on it? mines pretty worn, i can't seem to control it as well as my cro and wolf.

I love the Innova Stingray (I have 2. A 145 gram and a 172 gram) for long putts (50ft- 80ft) and my midrange (80ft - 120ft). The 145 is great for long putts without wind. You can literally "putt" with it from 40-80 ft. The heavier unit is basically the same, but doesn't carry as long on the "putts" and is better with a li8ght breeze.

And from 90ft to 150ft I use a Innova Moray, because it is slightly more stable (I don't know if they make this disc anymore....). It works really well in some wind for long putts and midrangers

i have a blue 177 dx roc that flies straight and true for me. it is also going to be my first ace disc. i have hit the basket twice and gone through the chains once with that puppy.

My fav forehand mid...my 175 star gator. I have several holes both on my home course, and courses we have on the S.Carolina tour that it is my driver I "go to" for that hole and park. My fav. backhand mid....can't say it's just one. It all depends on what I need as to what disc I use. My backhand mids....Champ coyote 174g, champ Panther, 174g, Champ Spider, 175g, and Pro Pig 172g. Also love my pig for forehand flick putts I use that if I'm back in woods and only have a forehand shot out, made many a 20-30ft. putt out and right in the chains with it.

I like my Buzzz, and I like my Cro, but I'm slowly falling in love with my Roc. I use the Buzzz and the Cro more for short tee shots, while the Roc is steadily taking over my upshots. It's starting to hit the chains from well beyond putting range.

173g ESP Nebula (2008 Ace Race Disc).
I love how predictable it is. The flight path it takes has alot more to do with release angle than speed, so I can crank on it without worrying about it flipping over, as long as i throw it without too much anny. It has a great fade on the end that i love. It always comes back. Just the right amount of glide, doesnt go all floaty like the roc, but I can still throw it as far as a roc, and much more accurately due to the predictable flight.

Longest putt made....last month, a 240ft ACE, blind dogleg right through the trees.

I won a $200 Ace pool with that shot. Now THATS a $money$ midrange.:cool:

I have three backups, just in case...

About to add one more to that backup list, right? ;)

My favorite mid is the FLX Buzzz. I like the flat top rocs too, but the flx buzzz feels better in my hand.

SE Roc 180g
I can just about get driving distance with this. Relax and throw. Very predictable and won't skip.

Without a doubt the FLX Buzzz. At Texas States this weekend I had an uphill shot about 120-130 away and just canned it. Not to mention that it has two aces on it. Flx Buzzzes throw themselves.

About to add one more to that backup list, right? ;)

Yes, because Im also having JCThrills custom dye my DGCR Avatar onto a Nebula, on top of the one I traded you for. :cool:, so that makes four backups, or more likely, two in the bag and one or two in the side pocket, just in case...

01 CE Roc.........except for one hole.....last hole at world dubs! But she is still my baby and count on her when I need a shot.

I have a few money mids. My main one is my Champ San Marino Roc. I have also been known to throw an 08 Super Roc, and a buzzz. I had an Elite Z Buzzz that hit just above an ace one round, then right under the next. Lost now, time to buy a new one. I also have an Elite Z Glow Buzzz that I'm using for my night golf mid, it cost a little bit, but it is $$$$$$$.