• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your money middy?

I use a 170 dx goblin as a utility shot, a 168 dx stingray off the tee for shorter holes, and a 172 dx roc for deadly accurate approaches and when I want to go for the long putt....

011-1.jpg

In looking through this thread, I was surprised at how little the Shark was mentioned. I throw a Roc, but also carry a Shark for minimal fade situations. The Shark was my first disc when I started playing, and I still have the original. I only have one ace, and I threw the Shark for it (obviously a short hole, or I wouldn't have thrown the Shark, but still). It's a great disc.

The best disc in my bag is a 169 DX Roc. I can actually throw it farther than any of my drivers and putt with it too.

for those long putts 35-75Ft i like my 175 star skeeter just dont put any anny on it and it will kick over to the right just enough where my putter would fade just short. for lay-ups longer than that i like the jls

Nothing beats it!

I love my star Cro. It is predictable and deadly accurate. Hit an ace on the 18th basket at Dorey park in Richmond Virginia. The throw just over 210'. I have used it repeatedly to hit long putts out to 100' (not that I make a lot of these but my chances are greater with the Cro).

I thought you were Mr. Coyote. What's up with the Impact all of a sudden?

Oh, I still love my Star Coyote, and it works well for me. I am just saying from using the Impact, its a 0 Fade mid. If I had to play a round with only one disc, it would still be my Star Coyote.

Does anyone like the Spider ive tried it as a putter when i came across someone putting with it but wasnt able to try it out more? im asking because i already have a cro which i putt with but dont like as an all around mid and a star skeeter which i use for long p&a shots but feel it dosnt have enough nutts for anything longer. right know im only using my fairways for mid shots and im pretty set as far as adding anymore discs to to my reprotoir(help spelling police) but im still looking for something to replace my JLS for mid shots because it tends to roll, especially out at mozola .

Does anyone like the Spider ive tried it as a putter when i came across someone putting with it but wasnt able to try it out more? im asking because i already have a cro which i putt with but dont like as an all around mid and a star skeeter which i use for long p&a shots but feel it dosnt have enough nutts for anything longer. right know im only using my fairways for mid shots and im pretty set as far as adding anymore discs to to my reprotoir(help spelling police) but im still looking for something to replace my JLS for mid shots because it tends to roll, especially out at mozola .

Try a Coyote or Impact.

are the better plastics(champ,star) coyotes not as floppy as the star skeeters because throwin that skeeter hard is like throwin a paper plate ?

My brother has a spider and I was using the last few rounds and I have to say I was impressed. Its really a straight flier and works great for P&A shots. Im not sure Id replace a JLS with it , but its worth giving it a shot as a mid/putt disc.

One year in and I am still a Discraft Stratus Lover! MId or not it works like money for me.

i recently bought a DX Cro, and that disc has been amazing. flies straight off the release and fades gently to the left (RHBH), quickly becoming one of my favorites. just got my star skeeter in from DGC today, heard a lot of good things about these, looking forward to throwing it.