• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When is it ok to say FROLF

When is it ok to say FROLF? Choose all that apply.

• Total voters
Never. The worst it should get to is frizbee golf. And if your friends begin saying frolf, its a public service to take then behind the pro shop or restrooms and throw your entire bag at them.

to me frolf is object golf (less organized disc golf, playing tree to sign to hydrant etc)
Disc Golf is Disc Golf (layed out course, baskets or tone poles)

2cpcd3n.jpg

I don't have a problem with Frolf, my friends, most of whom either play every once in a while or don't play at all call it Frolf. So when I'm talking to them I use it. When I'm talking to someone who plays all the time I use the Disc Golf. And when I'm describing it to someone who is unfamiliar with it I usually say Frisbee Golf, I've noticed it helps them visualize exactly what it is.

I don't understand what the big deal is, call it whatever name you like the best. You could call it Scribblers 8 and it will still be fun as hell. Quit making a big deal out of nothing

I don't have a problem with Frolf, my friends, most of whom either play every once in a while or don't play at all call it Frolf. So when I'm talking to them I use it. When I'm talking to someone who plays all the time I use the Disc Golf. And when I'm describing it to someone who is unfamiliar with it I usually say Frisbee Golf, I've noticed it helps them visualize exactly what it is.

I don't understand what the big deal is, call it whatever name you like the best. You could call it Scribblers 8 and it will still be fun as hell. Quit making a big deal out of nothing

I just think some people get upset because they play the game competitively and seriously.

I mean..the name IS disc golf. It probably would be Frisbee golf if whammo wasn't a TM whore. Anyone who is remotely into baseball is probably going to get upset if you called it by stickball or something.

I just think some people get upset because they play the game competitively and seriously.

I mean..the name IS disc golf. It probably would be Frisbee golf if whammo wasn't a TM whore. Anyone who is remotely into baseball is probably going to get upset if you called it by stickball or something.

I highly doubt they would get as upset as people here, or in our sport. Call it what you want, if people are getting worked up about something that small then they probably shouldn't be playing. I'm thinking about calling our sport circle throwing chain hitting now...

After looking at a thread like this I find myself wondering "what did Steady Eddy call it?" Anybody know?

Steady Ed actually wanted to call it frisbee golf but he couldn't because of the trademark, so he called it disc golf. These names came from "disc golf pole hole" instead of "frisbee pole hole."

source - http://www.discgolf.com/ed-headrick-father-disc-golf/

All I know is that Rollerblade is the name of a company yet I never hear anyone call them "in-line skates", and Frisbee is a more household name than Rollerblade, so I have absolutely no problem with calling disc golf frolf. Anyone who does have a problem with calling it frolf is too smug to be playing a sport this cheap. Go hop in your Prius, bust out your iPad and find a more expensive sport to play.

Last edited:
...it's acceptable when describing what happens after too many post-tournament drinks.

"First I shot 3 over, then I drank 14 beers and a bottle of Southern Comfort, got the spins and frolfed in the motel sink."

I almost always frolf when I get the spins.