• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When was your first Ace?

2006Ruckus

I've disc golfing now for about five months. I would say Im picking it up pretty well. I've been close several times, but have never quite gotten it in the basket in one.

When was your first ace?

How long were you playing before you got one?

How often will a good disc golfer throw one?

Just curious.

10:50 am. september 24 2002. Hole 7 Sylmar (old course). Orange 172 KC Pro Eagle. Alone.
My 53rd day playing.

Took me about 5 years, I came close a few times on really short holes & a couple times on not so short/easy holes. I kinda felt like one was coming soon as the couple months leading up to my first ace I hit a few really nice field aces. Go tthe 50/50 CTP over all divisions that day on another hole too :) & Qualified for MI States. I was lucky enough to have my finance & now step-daughter along with me caddying. Oh & it was the only one in my poll so I got the ace pool all to myself :) Got paid for my second ace too but the topics not about 2nd (only 2 to date) so I'll save that story for another time :)

Actually the second one paid in handicap league & was on the CTP hole, 3 guys aced the week before so mine was only $28 but still better than nothin. Best Payout I've had was for my partners ace on his first throw on Monday nights in Indy last summer, it's customary to split with your partner in Indy, we split $485 from my buddy's first throw!!! & like $80 for first place that day. That was within a month of my first ace too :)

I have had four, but my most impressive one was last Saturday in a doubles match. My team was down one and ended up going up by one to take 2nd overall. It was on Hole 20 at Mossy ROC which is between 250-300 and is up on the rock about 60 feet. It was right in front of the leaders in the open division. It was sweet!!! Second one in the last 6 weeks. I don't know what has gotten in to me lately. = )

I'm the proud owner of 8 aces. I started paying 05/2005 and I got my first ACE on 07/2006, so it took a little over a year. Once I got the first one they would come in bunches. My last ace was almost a year ago, so who knows. Here's my list of ACES, yea I've been keeping up with them, they are that important ;)

03/29/2008 #15 Hawk's Grove, Summerville, GA
03/14/2008 #12 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
03/10/2008 #9 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
03/05/2008 #18 Two Rivers Park, Nashville, TN
06/21/2007 #4 Cedar Hill Park, Nashville, TN
09/13/2006 #6 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
09/07/2006 #6 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
07/13/2006 #17 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN

03/14/2008 #12 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
03/10/2008 #9 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
09/13/2006 #6 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
09/07/2006 #6 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
07/13/2006 #17 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN

Looks like I should have played Seven Oaks City Park instead of The Sinks when i drove through TN!!!

I got my first ace about 8 months in on this one hole. My cousin was watching.

So next time I play with my brother, I tell him about it and all, but then I get another ace on the same exact hole. Just so he knew it wasn't a fluke. ;)

It was a 156 ft hole that I aced twice. So I've got about 312 foot of ace-footage.