• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

You know what?! I got no problems with Nova P since MVP sponsored her. She was a little extra combative in the past leaving a path of banned threads in her wake but she's alright now.

When the evidence keeps getting obliterated, how can anyone give you an example?

However, let me say that your buddy Nova P was on a roll for a while where Nova could say anything no matter how violent and get away with it, while others would say identical things and get banned or suspended. Nova is famous for baiting posters here like that since she has immunity.

This makes me sad. Your feelers matter. Let's hook up and hate in some folks.

As someone who's been on the internet since before it was open to the public, the internet is actually about 100x more conservative than it was a decade ago, or each of the two decades before that. The difference is the higher quantity of people and popular sites makes the progressive tendency of the human race as a whole more visible. The internet has always been a place where interacting with others from around the world has shone light on how silly prejudices are, and most places on the internet have always ostracized more aggressively hateful people. Very vocal conservative pundits, and the algorithms that specialize in targeting content have made it seem like more of the population are conservative than actually are.

The push back from liberals and progressives is because society as a whole is progressive and liberal, and the little cliques of conservatives are stinking the whole place up with how loud they get.

How old are you, 65? lol. I'm 57 and remember the Bulletin Board servers when I was in college.

I think you last paragraph can be used by either side to stick it to the other side. Imagine what it feels like for the other 95 percent of us who don't identify as liberal OR conservative but are just trying to live our lives. We think you are all a little special, lol.

How old are you, 65? lol. I'm 57 and remember the Bulletin Board servers when I was in college.

I think you last paragraph can be used by either side to stick it to the other side. Imagine what it feels like for the other 95 percent of us who don't identify as liberal OR conservative but are just trying to live our lives. We think you are all a little special, lol.

47 this November, but one of my high school computer teachers got us access to a unix system at TACOM back before Arpanet was opened to the public as the internet.

BBSes were still cooler...

The thing about my last paragraph is, the 95% of people who don't engage in political debates or activism still tend MASSIVELY towards liberal, or left wing ideology. Studies have shown this repeatedly, even before the "middle ground" moved so far to the right of genuine center in the US.

47 this November, but one of my high school computer teachers got us access to a unix system at TACOM back before Arpanet was opened to the public as the internet.

BBSes were still cooler...

The thing about my last paragraph is, the 95% of people who don't engage in political debates or activism still tend MASSIVELY towards liberal, or left wing ideology. Studies have shown this repeatedly, even before the "middle ground" moved so far to the right of genuine center in the US.

That's a loaded statement, but I will refrain from responding and having this turned into a political discussion, lol. Ain't nobody got time for that lol.

Enjoy the day, I'm going to try and get some throws in after I pick up my car from it's annual inspection. See, that's one of them nice things the ultra libs in NY state do for us, annual inspections whether we need it or not. $21 times however many cars are on the road in NYS. That plus all the extra taxes we pay when we fill up our tanks each week. Cha ching!

I tend to doubt that 95% of any group of people have any one thing in common, including breathing.

It sounds like you misinterpreted my statement completely. Can you show me where I said 95 percent of people have the same thing in common? All I said is that 95 percent of people don't fit neatly into one box or the other, which I stand by as an accurate statement.

I'd say there's a significant percentage of disc golfers and posters who are Libertarian versus polarized into liberal or conservative ranks.

That is truly one of the strangest things about disc golf the way it can attract serious hardcore libertarians. They normally want absolutely nothing to do with the uniparty left or right. The sheer joy that comes from of tossing discs in a mildly organized manner should be used for international diplomacy.

That is truly one of the strangest things about disc golf the way it can attract serious hardcore libertarians. They normally want absolutely nothing to do with the uniparty left or right. The sheer joy that comes from of tossing discs in a mildly organized manner should be used for international diplomacy.

Exactly. I don't begrudge anyone for their beliefs or concerns. I just have my own set of concerns that fit my life and where I want it to go. Same as everyone else.

And above all I just enjoy the feel and sight of a well thrown frisbee. It makes everything else in the strange world make sense.

It sounds like you misinterpreted my statement completely. Can you show me where I said 95 percent of people have the same thing in common? All I said is that 95 percent of people don't fit neatly into one box or the other, which I stand by as an accurate statement.

I can't, because it wasn't your "95%" statement that prompted my post.

Less than 40% of respondents do not describe themselves as either liberal or conservative.

Attachments

• IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Just occurred to me to reply to the question that started this thread...

...I tend to go play disc golf :)

Rounds Played: 5745
Thumbs Up Given Out to other reviewers: 5483
Forum Posts: 2716

don't forget about the anarchists, we'd be laughing at you all if you weren't holding guns to our heads

DGCR has the best information when it comes to technique and discs. But its also a liberal hellhole with biased mods. Love / hate.
It's not really a liberal thing. It's an asshat thing. It's that some people are way too comfortable being jerks to people. We've infracted/banned some pretty asshatted liberals too. This site isn't the place for that.

I can't help it. I have a very strong bias against dickheads.

Last edited:

Latest posts