• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have all the DGCR members gone ?

^ They should open that up to the public. It looks better than 95% of the other Chicago area courses.

Seriously. :|

A buddy of mine played that tournament at least one of the years it was held. He said it was a blast playing in the old prison. I would have definitely tried to recreate parts of the opening sequence of The Blues Brothers if I'd been able to play.

Wolf, you're probably not far from the truth. We've added some good courses in the past 10 years, but Chicago dg is still defined by all those nasty niners.

I've heard rumblings of them opening up a permanent course on the property. I seem to remember them raising funds for it, but haven't heard anything about that for at least a couple years.

Reflecting Pool is 2,028 feet long and 167 feet wide. I volunteer to throw the width, but I will leave the long carry for the big arm folks. ;)

Forrest Gump waded the thing getting to Jenny.
Drive then wade out and throw. It would be mostly a standstill throw. Water is in play all the way for 2028 feet. Then just hit the Washington Monument no higher than 6 feet. With this being an object course the next target could be Lincoln's lap?

Then just hit the Washington Monument no higher than 6 feet. With this being an object course the next target could be Lincoln's lap?

Washington to Lincoln would be roughly 4,200'. Could make it more interesting with a double mando through the WWII memorial, maybe a dogleg around the Vietnam Women's Memorial, or penalty strokes for hitting tourists.

After all of that, can you imagine missing a putt at the Washington Monument? :doh:

Dirty Harry said:
You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? Is watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs, Bogey. Nobody, I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hot dog.

Giardinera either.

Sign of the times. Places people used to gather like forums, boards, IRC channels are being replaced by apps and Discord.

Nearly 100,000 members, but less than 100 members who are active users at any given time.
What's up with that ?

Come for the disc golf stay for the politics, current events, etc.
I'm a disc golf lifer, ( 25 years so far) and I come to a disc golf forum to talk discs, techniques, equipment, etc.

This site is still great for reading things and history. It seems people have moved to 2 places
1). UDisc
2). Facebook groups

Old websites and forums have been dying for years, though I still prefer them

Whatever happened to Beer? I've always wondered if that was a timg alt account…

Latest posts