• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is Simon going.? The definitive poll.

Simon Lizotte destination sponsor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno, if I was a pro and basically all of my income was based off of sponsorship and not performance...I'd probably be a lot less worried about whether I "liked" the discs early on. Simon was selling plenty of discs before he had a very good year last year...how much any discs work for him seems to be a minor consideration as far as income goes. Not to mention we're talking a pretty big manufacturer with a lot of discs...it's not like he's just going to end up unable to throw anything.

Heck, watching the video he pretty much said "I don't like the distance drivers available to me", and he still took the deal. I can't think that he did TOO much testing the way he talked about his putting putters, as if he'd never really tried putting with them before much. I didn't get the impression he was putting in lots of testing time with the MVP family.

How much will Simon open up the European consumers to MVP? I am not familiar with MVP market overseas or their current sponsorships but I would imagine that it will make huge strides for the company in that particular market regardless of performance.

How much will Simon open up the European consumers to MVP? I am not familiar with MVP market overseas or their current sponsorships but I would imagine that it will make huge strides for the company in that particular market regardless of performance.

I'm not sure about this. I'm not even sure I've ever seen disc marketing attached to a players name around here.
Maybe Kristin Tattar, but if I remember correctly this was not disc specific, more sports store related.

MVP seems to be doing quite well here. I see a lot of newer intermediate level players throwing Gyro on the course.

I think "new intermediate" players probably got a lot more on the hype-train from Conrad's throw-in. The problem going forward seemed likely to be that Conrad is not that top-top level player who is always on coverage. MVP sponsored players seem generally VERY low activity on social media. Landing someone who is probably the biggest social media disc golfer adds a completely new dimension for the company (my take is the MVP social media presence seemed largely driven by the average player pushing gyro, as opposed to any top player pushing it via social media).

I played with a group of guys at a huge variety of skill levels yesterday and it was very funny to see the wide range of reactions to the Simon news.

MA1 guy who has played for 3-4 years- "oh wow, supercool. I throw some gyro stuff and now Simon will also. Hope I can still find a Hex!"

MA3 guy playing for 10+ years-"that's cool, I like his videos."

MA3 guy plying 3-4 years- "wow, that's a lot of money. Who's Simon Lizotte?"

I played with a group of guys at a huge variety of skill levels yesterday and it was very funny to see the wide range of reactions to the Simon news.

MA1 guy who has played for 3-4 years- "oh wow, supercool. I throw some gyro stuff and now Simon will also. Hope I can still find a Hex!"

MA3 guy playing for 10+ years-"that's cool, I like his videos."

MA3 guy plying 3-4 years- "wow, that's a lot of money. Who's Simon Lizotte?"

What about the MA40+ guys playing for 20+ years?

What about the MA40+ guys playing for 20+ years?

They weren't in this group, but they were funny as hell at league. The ones who throw some gyro were smug af.

One of the others was like "if I disc golf was this big when I was in my 20s I could have been a millionaire too!"

Pasties are a UP thing, really. Doubt you'd find one around my neck of the woods (West Mich).
Don't think I heard of them until Escanaba in da Moonlight.

Indeed they are an UP thang. BUT....I was lucky enough, growing up to have a pastie shop a few blocks from my house. It was there for decades. A small mom and pop shop. They were a tiny bakery too. Sold a few loaves of fresh bread and some homemade soup. Pasties were very good. I had a paper route for a few years as a youngster and I spent more than my fair share of cash at Fox's Pasties. They were the perfect, take with you, food. We would stop and buy one to go. Head to the park to play baseball for the morning and set the pasties, wrapped in tin foil on the blacktop of the bball court for 20 min or so.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Well, I like Simon and am happy to see him change up his game, finding success on the course last season and now with his new sponsor.

I have a First Run Vector that I'm going to start throwing so that dudes know I'm not a noob.

I threw my first run Inertia back in the bag for same reason, lol.