• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is Simon going.? The definitive poll.

Simon Lizotte destination sponsor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThrowaEnvy

GyrO Activation Technician.
Premium Member
Well we're done a good job of only clogging up one thread with the giant news and ensuing speculation.

What company will Simon Lizotte going sign with?

The rumor I heard was $1m/yr for MVP. We'll see! He's been such an incredible ambassador for the sport. He's so likeable and respectable as a player. I'm really happy for him.

I have no idea where Simon is going. He said he wanted something fresh, so that should eliminate legacy manufacturers, especially Innova (since those would be the most stale/already dunnit). I picked MVP since their overmold is reported to be a slightly different animal than the standard disc… that would be the freshest take. I've thrown a dozen or so MVP/Axiom and they're solid. I do wonder about Simon's finesse game. MVP has nothing closely shaped like a P1x. Of course a beat-in Proxy or even Envy is very tasty… just not a P1x.

I have no idea where Simon is going. He said he wanted something fresh, so that should eliminate legacy manufacturers, especially Innova (since those would be the most stale/already dunnit). I picked MVP since their overmold is reported to be a slightly different animal than the standard disc… that would be the freshest take. I've thrown a dozen or so MVP/Axiom and they're solid. I do wonder about Simon's finesse game. MVP has nothing closely shaped like a P1x. Of course a beat-in Proxy or even Envy is very tasty… just not a P1x.

Ohm is between the proxy and envy in stability and glides for days.

Thought Space Athletics.

They make his clothing line.
They helped him design the Tilt.
He can throw a mixed bag. (yes, in one video he says he can't throw the Doom Bird 4....but that might be due to a 'leaving' agreement with Discmania....or rules from TSA on what discs can or can't be thrown - maybe he can only throw a certain amount of discs from a non-TSA brand and he has another DM disc he wants in his bag).

I voted MVP but with light twist: he continues sponsorships with TSA and can throw those discs that are made by MVP(so most of TSA).

He enjoys throwing neutral//slightly understable discs, waiting for that "SL" Proxy and Hex 😗

Thought Space produced the artwork for the tilt, zero input on the design.

Why would a company associated with MVP be assisting with the design of a disc Latitude was manufacturing?

He does have a history working with Thought Space, so I could see a deal with MVP allowing him to throw their molds also. Or maybe some sort of combo sponsorship partnered with Thought Space…I don't think TS has the cash to sign Lizotte on their own. I know we've said players getting equity is pretty much a dead idea, but if it made sense in any situation it'd be TS giving him a small slice in lieu of cash up front.

I still think it'll be MVP, but with some kind of terms that nobody saw coming.

Everyone, well some people seem fired up on the TSA connection.

If they produced art for the Tilt why not produce the art for MVP sponsored SL discs? I could see that. Why do people think suddenly TSA and MVP will play nice together as far as a mixed bag? I think that's ludicrous, unless there's a merger/acquisition coming but even then I get the impression that MVP/Axiom has a clause where they limit the amount of streamline in pros bags... otherwise their sponsored pros are not throwing gyro which is defeating the point.

Well Simon posted his last video throwing discmania and he's throwing at Maple Hill..

Hmmmm