• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is Simon going.? The definitive poll.

Simon Lizotte destination sponsor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny. He already seems to know as much about the MVP lineup as he did about most of Discmania's lineup. Which says more about how little he seemed to know about the evolution and active line discs from DM than it does about his MVP knowledge this early on.

Funny. He already seems to know as much about the MVP lineup as he did about most of Discmania's lineup. Which says more about how little he seemed to know about the evolution and active line discs from DM than it does about his MVP knowledge this early on.

Like a lot of their customers... they don't like the Evolution and Active lines nearly as much as the Originals.. even those that are now made in Sweden instead of California.

I wonder how long ago he made the decision to move to MVP or at least strongly consider it. It's my guess that he's been trying the discs privately for a while (two or three months maybe). My reasoning? If I was a pro player and was considering signing with another brand, I'd want to have an idea if their discs worked for me and I was comfortable throwing them. Especially such a big change as going to Gyro might be.

His videos really don't say WHEN the decision was made and Discmania was told.....so the decision might have been made a few months ago with an agreement between DM, MVP, and Simon to not make it official until he did. Heck, the contract might not have been official until January 1st or there about.

I wonder how long ago he made the decision to move to MVP or at least strongly consider it. It's my guess that he's been trying the discs privately for a while (two or three months maybe). My reasoning? If I was a pro player and was considering signing with another brand, I'd want to have an idea if their discs worked for me and I was comfortable throwing them. Especially such a big change as going to Gyro might be.

His videos really don't say WHEN the decision was made and Discmania was told.....so the decision might have been made a few months ago with an agreement between DM, MVP, and Simon to not make it official until he did. Heck, the contract might not have been official until January 1st or there about.

I dunno, if I was a pro and basically all of my income was based off of sponsorship and not performance...I'd probably be a lot less worried about whether I "liked" the discs early on. Simon was selling plenty of discs before he had a very good year last year...how much any discs work for him seems to be a minor consideration as far as income goes. Not to mention we're talking a pretty big manufacturer with a lot of discs...it's not like he's just going to end up unable to throw anything.

Heck, watching the video he pretty much said "I don't like the distance drivers available to me", and he still took the deal. I can't think that he did TOO much testing the way he talked about his putting putters, as if he'd never really tried putting with them before much. I didn't get the impression he was putting in lots of testing time with the MVP family.

I wonder how long ago he made the decision to move to MVP or at least strongly consider it. It's my guess that he's been trying the discs privately for a while (two or three months maybe.

In Simon's in the bag video, he said something about not knowing anything about MVP's discs 3 months ago.

Apparently the answer is....he does not. Seems to be a fan of Detroit Style Pizza, coney dogs and pasties.

lil c deep dish is incredible bang for buck

and i had my first pasty a few months ago while it wasnt the best thing i ever had it certainty is unique and fun to eat i would enjoy having another one

A lackluster launch to "new" Originals, Jussi's personal issues AND losing Simon. Man, times aren't looking good for DM.

I know Simon said nothing "happened" at DM to make him leave. But I just can't shake the feeling that the issues with Jussi might have factored in at least a little bit. Maybe I'm just over speculating. Who knows. I didn't hear Simon mention his name at all in talking about the switch and people he was talking with. Could have missed it too.

I know Simon said nothing "happened" at DM to make him leave. But I just can't shake the feeling that the issues with Jussi might have factored in at least a little bit. Maybe I'm just over speculating. Who knows. I didn't hear Simon mention his name at all in talking about the switch and people he was talking with. Could have missed it too.

You're not the only one who feels this way about Simon and the Jussi issue.