• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which basket to buy for home? (under $250)

I have the innova skill shot and I love it. I paid like $130 to $140. It folds up quick and easy, fits in my car. The only con is the one set of chains. The homemade baskets are definitely nice and less expensive but, I wanted something that I could easily take on the road. I need as much putting practice before a tournamant as possible and it's nice to have your own basket that's not crowded.

i have a discatcher sport at home and love it. i pull it outside to practice putting or take it to my local park and practice driving at a target. the only difference between that basket nd the professional that courses have is the sport only has one set of chains and the professional has two.

I just bought an Innova Skillshot from a guy who's moving to Colorado this weekend. I wasn't planning to get a Skillshot, but the price was right, and I've been putting off getting a portable basket for long enough. It's not the lightest thing in the world, but it's surprisingly compact and definitely portable. What I'm quickly discovering is having anything is much better than having nothing, and the Skillshot's quality is plenty good. Maybe it doesn't catch quite as well as the permanent baskets, but it's sturdy, it's easy to set up, and it's mine. :D

Problem is, I'm suddenly discovering how bad my putting really is. I'm missing about 1 in 10 putts from only 12 feet on this thing. :(

I can't live without mine. I've been taking it to the youth soccer fields and setting it up in front of the net to practice long approach shots and short drives. Today I took it to a nearby course that I knew would be abandoned because of the weather. I set it up by the first tee threw my discs at the #1 basket and then threw back to my basket (about 240'). Back and forth, back and forth for about two hours. I learned alot - threw all hyzers one way and annies back, then s-curves, etc. My wife found it on Craig's List for $50. Best 50 bucks I've spent this year.
DSCN0423.jpg

I can't live without mine. I've been taking it to the youth soccer fields and setting it up in front of the net to practice long approach shots and short drives. Today I took it to a nearby course that I knew would be abandoned because of the weather. I set it up by the first tee threw my discs at the #1 basket and then threw back to my basket (about 240'). Back and forth, back and forth for about two hours. I learned alot - threw all hyzers one way and annies back, then s-curves, etc. My wife found it on Craig's List for $50. Best 50 bucks I've spent this year.
DSCN0423.jpg

Thats the same basket that I have. I havn't had any issues with it either. It catches pretty good for only having one set of chains. My parents bought it a year ago or so at Sams Club for Christmas. It was around $54 which is nice compared to what some online sites have it listed for. The Sams here doesn't stock it anymore though.

I use an InStep Basket and I love it. The basket retails for about $60 and for another $20 I added some extra chains from Lowe's. I take mine to the practice field, but it would work great for home as well. Here are some pics:

Discgolfpractice1-1.jpg

Basket4.jpg

Basket3.jpg

Basket2.jpg

I have an Instep and would agree with Midnight.

I find it easy to setup and take-down. Most of it stores in the basket itself for easy transport. I can set mine up in about 45 seconds.

Adding an extra set of chains is a good idea.

Latest posts