• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Which Mid should I add to my bag

tr122

I currently have a 173 Z Buzzz that is my go to mid, I also carry a 175 Z Hornet for an overstable mid. I have room in my bag for one more, maybe something understable or really straight. I have a 175 Z Buzzz SS, 172 X Comet, 180 Champ Roc+, and a 177 Z Buzzz. Out of those 4, which one should I add to my bag to give it more versatility, or should I just leave it alone?

I also have a Proton Ion in my bag that I use as a driving putter.

Thanks!

If you want to keep what you have, go with the X Comet.

If you're hankering for some new plastic, check out the Tangent.

It would be a sweet addition to your bag, and give you exactly what you're looking for.

Tursas and Fuse are also nice under-stable mids.

Many worthy candidates.

My bag is only so big! lol

I just picked up the Buzzz SS, and have only thrown it a handful of times. I don't like the way it feels in my hand compared to the Buzzz, but it does seem to be very straight. Why do you suggest it?

Use what you have and don't waste your money on derivatives. X Comets are legendary.

It is a perfect anhyzer disc. You just angle it and throw. It holds the anhyzer the whole way to the basket. Perfect for layups on the side of a hill, where the direction of a discs spin could affect the discs ability to sit when it lands or roll all the way down the hill. Thrown wit hyzer it is a perfect hyzer flip disc. Legacy just came out with the gauge, that is an identical replica of the buzzzSS.

Comet for sure. My bag used to be Hornet, Buzzz, Comet. I've evolved to Tensor, Buzzz, Mako, Comet and like the extra overstability of the Tensor as opposed to the Hornet.

You might want to be wary investing in the Comet. I heard somewhere that Discraft might be in trouble ;)

Comet is a must-have (as is a DX Roc), but a Lat64 Pearl could help as well. It's supposed to be a fairway driver, but if you throw it hard (even on a huge hyzer) it'll turn on you like a drunk ex-girlfriend at closing time. It's a cheater disc. Throw it easy and it'll hold a line like a champ. Well worth having in your bag.

has everyone forgot about the Mako, not the 3 just the regular one. put it on a line and it does it :clap: that is my understable and staight thrower.
I also disliked the Buzzz ss, just beat a z plastic on and it comes understable :hfive: