• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Which putter can you get the most distance out of?

You're going to get three main answers:

Ion.
Wizard.
Pure.

The correct answer is
rhino.jpg

My best putter throw was 250' with a Pro Rhyno. Dead nuts straight the whole way, hit a bush 10' behind the basket.

I don't know about distance but my beat sss wizard is amazing for shorter drives and approach shots. It gos dead straight and stops exactly where it lands. I've never had it skip or roll away from me.

i'm wondering

longest forehand

longest rollers

backhand for me wizards.

MVP Ions and Anodes. Darts also bomb but they're in between a putter and mid.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I'm always blown away by this, because that little hill can't be more than ten feet tall, and it's not like it's a constant downhill to the basket.

I'd love to see what you could do with a Breaker, Jokeri or Pig.

Regardless of what really goes farthest I would highly recommend a nice slightly overstable putter for your longest straight putter shots. Anything that flies like a big bead aviar, challenger, wizard, clozer, p2, or ion. My personal favorite is the wizard because it retains its shape well (sorry challenger) and I like the feel a little better than the others. Gateway is quite intelligent in their approach to designing putters and their plastic is really great. I personally prefer a nice stiff base plastic specimen (sorry mvp) beat up just a little to the point that you can release it with just a little hyzer and it will reliably flip up flat and not turn much and always fade at least a little at the very end. If you want your putter to beat in slower or prefer premium plastic I would recommend an ion or a p2 if you prefer beadless.

Recently I bought a 176 opto pure and a 175 zero hard pure which is a less overstable mold than the discs above, similar to an aviar p&a, because I heard things like "flies as far as a midrange", "mini buzzz", and "best driving putter". They do fly far and I love the zero hard for short right turns after I beat it in a little. However, while the opto is great for straight approaches and low power drives, for 200-250 foot drives I would choose any of the discs listed above over it simply because they are less prone to turn too much and they fade more reliably. The pure is a great disc but it is not magical and if I wanted a driving putter with a stability similar to that I would have already been throwing aviar p&as, voodoos, or something like that.

Blasphemy!

The Pure is magical.

and Wizards are the best putting putters ever.

Anode is longest for me, followed by the Ion, then the Wizard. I've thrown a Pure a few times, and they seem to have good distance potential but I don't know enough experience with them to say.

I've gotten 300' with Wizards and Opto Pure and about 320' with a firm, flat Pro Rhyno. The difference is I have to throw the Wizard/Pure like a putter, but I can throw the Rhyno like a driver thanks to the shallow profile.

The answer is Dx XD.
I think it held a distance record way back when.
I saw a few correct answers on the second page, for the rest of you, thanks for playing, there is no parting gift, what do you think this is, the Ellen show ?

I can throw Anode and Premium Jokeri the farthest, but with different lines. Anode has some turn in it when thrown high and Jokeri just goes dead straight with some fade at the end. About 300ft with both of them, a bit further if the winds are on my side.

The answer is Dx XD.
I think it held a distance record way back when.
I saw a few correct answers on the second page, for the rest of you, thanks for playing, there is no parting gift, what do you think this is, the Ellen show ?

Saying the XD is the furthest because of a distance record from the 70s is irrevelant considering most the good putters these days haven't been around for more than ten years. That's like saying the Valkyrie is the furthest flying driver.

If anything I think the dart might be the furthest, because its faster and easier to throw with a strong pull.